Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 20:56

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16. Aug 2015, 01:17 

I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with a challenging situation (at least challenging to me; this is my first dealing with an IFrame). My source content consists of product listings that are clickable, with the clickthroughs containing a tab for locating and contacting retailers (something we ideally wouldn't have visible / enabled so as to not highlight other retailers). Compounding the challenge is the fact that the page has an expanding scroll button at the bottom that pulls in additional items beyond the initial screen load (so when extending the screen height to the anticipated full load, the additional product information never gets an opportunity to load).

Is there any way for us to feature our vendor's items in a clean, read-only fashion (or maybe you have some suggestions for other workarounds)?

Here is a link to the source content.

http://www.vahanjewelry.com/jewelry/?category_id=4#page-1

PostPosted: 16. Aug 2015, 11:54 
Site Admin

Do you want to display the whole page?
Do you have access to this page (using the external workaround?)

advanced iframe pro can create read only iframes. But if this enough in your case is something that has to be investigated...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 16. Aug 2015, 20:16 

I would not want to display the entire page as the top and bottom contain login and vendor-related information and our display interest/focus is just on the product themselves, which periodically change as products are added or discontinued. Essentially, we want to show the entire selection, but not have the products clickable, since the source page displays the clicked items in a larger format with dimensions that do not match the iframe. If the page is displayed read only in an iframe, the images would still show the "details" entry point, with people trying to click on something that's read only.

As the subject page is our vendor's site, we do not have access to the page, allowing the use of an external workaround.

After posting this question, I got much of the page set up in a read-only iframe, and started to cover up the "details" segments on the source page. But after spending time on just one "details," I realized this was probably not going to be a viable option, since there's always the possibility the source page layout would change, resulting in the need to start all over.

PostPosted: 17. Aug 2015, 09:39 
Site Admin

In you case you can only use the "Show only a part of the iframe" feature
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/show-only-a-part-of-the-iframe

But you are right that if the content changes you have to adopt the iframe. Also I don't know how responsive your layout is because this affects the visible area as well.
And if you want a readonly iframe you can also not use the solution with a scrollable viewport as the scrollbars would not be useable because of the readonly feature.

Best, Michael