Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 18:47

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20. Aug 2015, 04:28 

I am trying to replicate your approach to handling links as described in "Example 11: Change links targets at the iframe page if the iframe is on a different domain + border + iframe redirect," however I am not following how the pieces all go together with respect to the script. Is that all something that is accomplished at the "Add/Include Files" tab and, if so, is it something that gets added via an additional file ("Create custom file") parent / iframe sections or somewhere else? It appears not to be acccomplished via the "Include content directly" since that's for same domain setups. (As someone who's not all that familiar with IFrames, this is just one of those areas where the instructions leave me with a confused, blank stare... :) )

I'm trying to figure out how to work around the "Looking for a specific Engagement Ring? Click here for our Advanced Search" link that a person sees here after clicking through to view an individual ring.
http://www.skashi.com/proddet.asp?category=Engagement+Rings

(I've managed to white out that line on the initial page, but of course it's there when the person clicks through to view a particular item, so now I'm trying to figure out how to keep them on our site.)

PostPosted: 20. Aug 2015, 04:47 

Adding a postscript.... I've since realized that I could just widen/thicken the do-not-show section so as to cover up the "click" line (since the click-through occurrence is in the same region as the original line, just lower). However, that then creates an issue when a person clicks on the image zoom. (The whiteout section blocks part of the zoom image.) So, I guess what I really now need to figure out how to tackle is to get the zoom image to open up in a different tab.

PostPosted: 20. Aug 2015, 05:04 

Well, seems I just need to eliminate the blocking of text/links, revert to the original content, and have any click open up in a new tab.

Some of the clicks show products with videos that apparently do not have enough room to show in the original iframe, and some clicks result in the page being lengthened (thus cutting it off at the bottom) since I'm only showing a portion of the page so as to block the vendor's contact information. I think the cleanest way is to have any click give a fresh tab that can then be closed when viewing is done (unless you have any other options to suggest that I'm not aware of).

PostPosted: 20. Aug 2015, 23:48 
Site Admin

Seems you want to do everything on a remote domain.
Have you read the quick start guide? And are you able to use the external workaround by adding one line of Javascript?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 21. Aug 2015, 02:39 

I've gone through the setting instructions a few times, and reviewed the various demo pages you have that seem to relate, but maybe I'm more confused than I thought. I thought the external workaround was not an available option since the site I'm trying to incorporate into the IFrame is not one I have access to. Is it actually an option after all?

PostPosted: 21. Aug 2015, 03:03 

To help you to see my current understanding on this:

"Change links targets - With this settings you can modify the link targets of the parent page to open existing links inside the advanced iframe. You are also able to modify link targets inside the iframe if you are on the same domain. This is also possible if you are able to use the external workaround."

I'm wanting to change the links targets. The opening sentence says that I can modify the links of the parent page to open in the iframe. The next sentence says I can also do that if I'm on the same domain, and the third sentence says it can also be done using an external workaround. Since it doesn't say anything about my having to have access to or control over the parent page, my interpretation of that is that regardless of the setting, I can still change the links targets.

Is that what you're saying? If so, I'm assuming that is somehow accomplished in the "Url parameter handling" section, but I don't have enough of a clear understanding to make it happen.

PostPosted: 21. Aug 2015, 10:32 
Site Admin

No.

it says the you can do this if you use THE external workaround described in the plugin.
As the quickstart guide and the description on the "external Workaround" tab says this requires access to the other domain because one line of Javascript has to be added there to do all the changes.

As you don't have access you cannot change link inside the iframe. This would be the end if the Internet if you could change links on any page you want ;).

maybe the wording is a problem:
Parent page: page the iframe code is.
iframe page: the page inside the iframe.

"Url parameter handling" section is something completely different. There parameters from the parent url can be passed to the iframe.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 21. Aug 2015, 19:43 

Oh. I didn't notice any "you must have access to the external" in this segment of instructions, so interpreted it as something that could be done.

So I guess this plugin is not going to provide any viable options for me. :(

PostPosted: 21. Aug 2015, 21:05 
Site Admin

None will. Because without access you cannot change anything.

What you can do but is very static and limited is to use this feature:
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/hide-a-part-of-the-iframe

There you can place transparent divs with links over the remote page. But this only work for static content with a static size...

Best, Michael