Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 18:57

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2013, 10:03 

Hi, I need to import over 200.000 images into wordpress.

The plugin is very nice and it seems to do what i need however it is very slow.

It's been 6 hours since I clicked "Sync Media Library" in the left wordpress menu under media.It's not even done reading the content!:)
Just to get this clear, it didn't started the actual importation, just clicked the voice on the menu and have yet to click "synchronize, import or remove."

Please let me know what I can do to solve or at least improve this issue.

I'm doing all of this locally and have the latest version of Xampp installed.

I7-2630
6gb ram

Let me know please :)

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2013, 11:37 
Site Admin

There is nothing you can do. The 200.000 images do all have to be checked against the wp database. And there is also checked if there are already thumbnails and so on. And the more images you have the more times this takes because each image has to be checked. I already optimized everything by factor 25! but when you go over 2000 images all the file functions are getting very slow.

Wordpress is simply not designed to handle 200.000 images. So why do you need 200.000 images in wordpress?

Even when you click on synchronize 6 thumbnails are created for each file. Which takes ~3-4 seconds (i7-2860 / 12 GB RAM). with 200.000 images this would be 800.000 s = 9 days!

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2013, 12:32 

hey. Thx for answering. Again thanks a lot for the plugin.

This are all images that would end up in wp e-commerce as single products. 1 image = 1 product.
I already worked out the importing into wp e-commerce part but that plugin is a little buggy when you add lots of products and the used images are not already importedin the database, for example not all thumbnails get created.
Your plugin seems to work nicely though the only issue being the speed.

I have about until Monday to finish this and i'm a little desperate about it :(

Hey man, I understand you have a lot more experience then I and I've red that you also had this plugin for joomla, would joomla be more suitable for this?

Isn't there a plugin you know of that just reads the folder content and can create a product on the fly, just to be displayed to the user. no database involved or thumbnails?

The site isn't fancy at all i just need the photos displayed, photo name = product. folder and sub folder = categories.

How would you handle this i you had this problem? I'm clueless :(

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2013, 22:16 
Site Admin

does wp e-commerce require that the images are in the wordpress db? Because I think this is also not designed for 200.000 products.

Do you need selling somehow? seems more like an image gallery to me.

Best, Michael