Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 10:20

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 8. May 2017, 22:29 

I have an admin profile that manages 3 separate user folders. Each user folder is a different client. I need to have an admin profile for each user but only want to have one login and email for them. The issue is mainly by subfolders. I need upload notifications only to the subfolder in question, not the entire group. The only way I see to do this is to create a separate admin for each user rather than 1 admin that manages 3. When I upload files to the subfolder I want an email notification to be sent to the user, but only by each folder, not the highest admin level. Is there another way to do that without having to create 3 separate admin profiles and users?

PostPosted: 8. May 2017, 22:57 
Site Admin

so the admins should not get a notification? You might need to customize the e-mail plugin:
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/tfu/web_plugin.php#

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 8. May 2017, 23:10 

No the admins are getting the notification, not the clients.

Example. I have a client profile that has the admin and the two users getting notifications when they are logged in as the user. If the admin logs in and uploads, only the admin is getting the email because they are the only one in the list. However, we have three groups under the admin, with 6 users. I'm trying to figure out without having to make an admin profile for each group how to send notifications when logged in as admin uploading to a specific client folder and only sending email notification to the specific client, not all the clients.

Does that help?

I will try the plugin....

PostPosted: 8. May 2017, 23:25 
Site Admin

I think you will need some custom coding as you are uploading with the admin but you want to send e-mails to a specific client where the e-mail can only be found by parsing all the configurations and selecting the one where the upload folder is closest to the destination directory.

Is this what you need?

The upload part does only know the current profile and not the other ones.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 9. May 2017, 15:05 

Yes, per each client folder where files are uploaded, we only want those notifications for those users to be sent when the admin uploads to their folder. Each user including the admin should be getting the email.

It is working fine when the users are uploading as they have already been segregated by their own user and folders. The admin profile for those are an umbrella of all.

Any suggestions or support for that is greatly appreciated. My other idea was just to make admin profiles for each group with separate logins, but define one main email for notifications. More work upon configuring but I already know how to do that.

Looking forward to your reply.

PostPosted: 9. May 2017, 15:33 
Site Admin

As I said. your solution with the admin profiles is the cheapest.
Doing an e-mail to an custom folder requires quite some code as the db needs to be queried and all folders of all users have to be checked.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 9. May 2017, 16:39 

it is working now as expected.

PostPosted: 9. May 2017, 17:21 
Site Admin

So you created the additional profiles?

PostPosted: 9. May 2017, 18:13 

Yes. I do have an issue with the plugin though. I added it to the folders in the administrator folder as well as in the components folders for com_jfuploader, but when I click on the link in the component for plugins, it says no plugins are installed.....