Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 20:19

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: groups
PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 15:38 

Hi,

I'm confused by the profiles/groups thing.

I have a default profile set as the master - so anyone that logs in get an upload folder that is their login ID - that all works fine.

Now I want to have an upload folder that is a subfolder in the same folder as all the other user folders but allow 2 specific users to use this as their upload folder.

I have set up a copy of the master profile, set it to non-master, changed its name, added the 2 users to it assigned group1 to the default profile and group 2 to the new profile.

But when I log in the users are sent to their own upload folders, not the shared one.

what am I missing?

just to describe what I want

default (master profile) - no users assigned
root uploads folder called "uploads"
users folders = user database ID numbers "uploads/702", "uploads/703", "uploads/704"" etc

new profile (non master) - 2 users added (userC and userD)
root upload folder "uploads"
users (shared) folder "uploads/7056"

thanks

Griz

Post subject: Re: groups
PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 20:42 
Site Admin

you assigned group1 to the default profile? A default profile never has anything assinged because otherwise it would not be the default one. And which group2?

Normally you have 1 group with several profiles. The default one is the one this people get who are not assigned to a profile of the same group. And have you used the group mode where you included JFU. And not the profile mode?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 17. Jul 2014, 16:11 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
you assigned group1 to the default profile? A default profile never has anything assinged because otherwise it would not be the default one.

the example you have in the videos has group1 assigned to the default profile?

TinyWebGallery wrote:
And which group2?

sorry - I don't know what you're asking?

I'm sure my issues stem from not understanding groups and profiles - In my mind a group is a group of people (in a file server/domain context you put people in a group and then assign rights/access to that group) and each user has a profile.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Normally you have 1 group with several profiles.

so in this system, the profiles are what have users assigned to them? So what does a group do?

TinyWebGallery wrote:
The default one is the one this people get who are not assigned to a profile of the same group.

I'm sorry, again, I'm lost and don't understand this. I've read what I can on the groups and profiles and I just cannot understand how they interact and how they work - I cannot figure any logic to it :(

[quote="TinyWebGallery"]And have you used the group mode where you included JFU. And not the profile mode?[quote]
group mode/ profile mode? I installed it, and use it. I don't know about group mode or profile mode. I'm even more confused now.

could you just tell me exactly what I need to do to achieve what I described in my original post

PostPosted: 17. Jul 2014, 17:06 
Site Admin

I don't understand your setup exactly. Seems because of my ansers do dnot fit I'm nut sure how your setup should look like.

If you use groups you normally only have one group at on menu item configured. And then you assign profiles to this group. A profiles with users are checked first and if no one does match the default profile is used.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 18. Jul 2014, 11:50 

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. As to my set-up, just ignore what I have now. What I would like to achieve is :-

default (master profile) - no users assigned
root uploads folder called "uploads"
users folders = user database ID numbers "uploads/702", "uploads/703", "uploads/704"" etc

this bit above is working fine.

Then what I want in addition to the above is for two specific users to share their own upload folder (for example "uploads/7000")

so when either of these two specific users logs in, I do not want them to use their own unique upload folder like everyone else, I want them to use a shared folder. (so they should ignore the "default" and use "uploads/7000" as their upload folder.

thanks in advance

Griz

PostPosted: 18. Jul 2014, 12:39 
Site Admin

So you create a new profile for each of the users you want to have special upload directories. Set master profile there to false and enter the directory they should use.
ad this profile(s) the the group of your default profile.
You can alo put this e.g. 2 users into one Joomla (!) group and assign this Joomla group to the profile. Butthan all users of this group have the same upload folder.

And than you have to use "groups" and the group name where you insert JFU.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 13:03 

Hi Michael,

apologies for the delay and thanks for your reply.

I've done what you said (as per the attached file) but when user 9061 logs in he gets folder /9061 as his upload (which is correct, that's what I want him to use) but when user 9062 logs in, he gets /9062 as his upload folder. Both the profiles "fenice1" and "fenice2" have the upload folder set to "uploads/9061"

regards

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 14.36 KiB | Viewed 14635 times ]

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 13:21 
Site Admin

and how do you include it into the menu?

Best Michael

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 13:35 
Site Admin

you have to select groupid and group1 there. if looks for me you have used profile id with id 2

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 14:47 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
you have to select groupid and group1 there. if looks for me you have used profile id with id 2

if I put "group" and ID 1 I get

"No profile could be found for this group configuration. Please make sure that you have a default profile in this group."

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 14:52 

ok - - I have it now. I was specifying "1" for the group ID - I have now specified "group1" and its working . . . I still don't understand how it all works. Need a schematic/flow diagram! :)

thanks for your help.

PostPosted: 30. Jul 2014, 15:00 
Site Admin

Have you checked the video tutorials?

PostPosted: 31. Jul 2014, 16:59 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Have you checked the video tutorials?

yeah - I have. I'm still none-the-wiser.

If you have different profiles to specify the folder the users in that profile use, I don't understand the need for groups, especially if the same group is in several profiles.

I also changed it from the above so I have 2 profiles now (not 3) - one standard and one for a specific shared download folder (with 2 users in the profile) and that works and makes sense to me, but the group thing and the added menu parameters I can't figure. But its working as I need it to, so that's fine. Will be needing download capability too so so will purchase the reg version.

cheers

PostPosted: 31. Jul 2014, 18:24 
Site Admin

The groups are needed because you have only one (!) menu entry. So you specify group1 for the menu entry "upload". Then JFUploader gets the current user.
Then it checks if the user does fit into one of the profiles os this group. If yes it uses this profile. If not the default profile is used. In your case the one with the master mode.

so in your case the profile with the 2 assigned users is even better than using 3 profiles.

Without groups you would need a menu entry for each profile.

Best, Michael