Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 12:26

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 9. Dec 2010, 21:27 

Hi,

Some questions

1) Is there a way to download multiple files without using ZIP format?
I mean, to download the a list of files exactly as they look in the original folder.

2) When I select download multiple files in zip format, the name of the .zip file is the same as the first file. e.g.:
files:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

then, the final .zip file will be "01.JPG.ZIP" . In my opinion it´s a a little bit confusing for some users.
other strange behavior is that the PROGRESS BAR and extra download information it´s corrupted (percentage / time) I guess is because the flash doesn´t know the new .zip file size.

3) When I select to download (in zip format) big files (e.g. 2 files of 20mb) I get a corrupted .zip file without any error message or alert.

4) How/where can I translate the word "GESAMT" to spanish?

thanks

PostPosted: 9. Dec 2010, 22:17 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. Just disable zip download in the profile. But then you have to press save for every file. This is a flash restrictions.

2. Do you have a better name? The progress bar normally works fine. Only if the creation of the zip fails somehow this does not work.

3. If you don't have enough php memory the creation of zip fails. how much memory do you have?

4. You can do this in the language file. Check the default.xml for the right string you have to translate. I have already fixed this in my local build because spanisch is one of the build in languages.

- Michael

PostPosted: 10. Dec 2010, 14:29 

Hi Michael,

1) I did it. But having to press save for every file is a big limitation.

2) a better name? well, at least you can take out the original extension. Following the same example, could be something like "01.zip" without ".JPG." just and idea.
Or maybe a sequencial file name.zip, e.q. files_001.zip / files_002.zip or just "files.zip"

3) I'll check it.

4) I'll check it.

I sent it and email asking for the new source code, could you send it to me please?

thanks

PostPosted: 10. Dec 2010, 16:39 
Site Admin

1). This was not so before flash 10 - but because of the new security this is the only way to do it.

2) I'm adding a zip file name pattern right now.
So the default will be "download-{number}_files-{date}.zip" where the number contains the number of files in the zip and the date the current date.

I think I'll finish this tonight and send you the new version then. It will have Gesamt removed from the spanisch version as well.

- Michael

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2011, 13:37 

Hello again, you must slowly be getting tired of me popping up all over the forum, but... found this (old) thread and have a somewhat related question:

Is there a (simple) way to have the downloaded zip file adopt the name of folder in which the zipped files were placed on the server? If not, would you be willing to add/change it accordingly as a custom assignment against payment?

Thanks and cheers!

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2011, 14:02 
Site Admin

currently this is not possible. Adding {foldername} to the pattern would be the way to go.

- Michael

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2011, 15:36 

Thanks for the answer. Just to clarify, does that mean that adding {foldername} is not currently possible? Do you offer customisation services against payment for such modifications?

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2011, 15:40 
Site Admin

this is currently not possible and yes I can offer this. Simply contact my by e-mail.

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Mar 2011, 09:40 

OK, will do in a few days, when I have assessed what I require more precisely. Is it tinywebgallery@mdempfle.de that I send it to?

Cheers

PostPosted: 12. Mar 2011, 12:59 
Site Admin

yes