Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21. May 2012, 07:55 

Hi Michael,

I installed the professional version of JFU last week and my uploads and downloads worked fine in IE 9, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Today, I upgraded from Flash 10 to the latest Flash version (11.2.202.235). JFU works fine when uploading and downloading files in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but IE 9 crashes and restarts every time I try to download files. My uploads from IE 9, however, work fine and I can delete and rename files on the server, but I can't download them with IE 9.

IE 9 crashes during both front-end and back-end downloads and there are no messages in the log after a crash. I have Windows 7 (64 bit), Joomla 2.5.4 and JFU 2.16, and I'm not using the plug-in. I tried reinstalling JFUploader and used all the default settings (that is, used a very simple configuration), but IE 9 still crashed while downloading files.

Another computer here (a laptop with Vista 32) also has the latest Flash version and IE 9 works fine uploading and downloading files, but IE 9 on my desktop crashes during downloads. I looked at the IE 9 configurations (in Internet Options) on these two computers and didn't see any differences and they're both the latest version of IE 9.

I'm pretty new to Joomla. Do you have any ideas other than reinstalling IE 9 on my desktop computer? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

PostPosted: 21. May 2012, 09:48 
Site Admin

You can set JFU to use direct downloads. Then normally it works fine with ie9 as well.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 21. May 2012, 22:40 

Yes, I tried that but it didn't work. I'll try some other things -- or just use Firefox. Other than this problem, it's great software. Thanks.

PostPosted: 22. May 2012, 16:38 
Site Admin

I just tested with
Windows 7 (64 bit), latest flash plugin and IE9.0.8112.16421 and the it works fine in both modes.
This issue is not related to Joomla. Are you maybe using https?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 22. May 2012, 20:25 

Thanks for your help, Michael, and that's good to know. And no, I'm not using https.

Like I say, downloads work just fine with my Vista laptop, which has the latest Flash and IE 9. So apparently there's some problem with the configuration of my Windows 7 computer, because I'm using the same versions of Flash and IE 9 as you.

I'm going to try a few more things, but if I can't resolve it, I'll just use Firefox. It's not a big problem. And thanks again for your help!

Del