Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 17:40

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 16:26 

Hello. I've been using JFU on my OVH account. It was working perfectly well until recently. Log file:
Code:
11.04.2010 15:10:16 - Config call, illegal direct access or missing session settings - your browser has to be closed to get a new session.
11.04.2010 15:10:27 - Config call, illegal direct access or missing session settings - your browser has to be closed to get a new session.

In JFU config, the "Enable upload debug" and "Enable enhanced debug" are set to YES.

I'm almost certain I didn't mess with Joomla config in past few days, but a week ago it worked and now it doesn't. I called OVH and they've said they didn't change anything in server setup.

To narrow the problem down: I can upload files via HTML form + PHP. I installed Extplorer, and it's flash uploader also doesn't work for me. Please somebody help me work it out.

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 16:55 
Site Admin

Please read howto 1 of the tfu faq. There are a couple of things you can try.

I think someone has changed something but does not know this anymore ;).

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 17:27 

I added the session_cache directory with the 0755 rights (every folder on my server has such rights). It worked. I can upload again. My question is: if I didn't create this folder before and I was able to upload, why can't I upload any more?

I wonder if there's a similar workaround for Extplorer. but then again, I hate workarounds, if something doesn't work on default I want to know why.

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 17:46 
Site Admin

The problem is that flash does not send cookies properly. And if the server does additionally block session ids in the url (or encrypt them) there is a problem.
For TFU I have implemented an internal session handling because of this and therefore this extra directory is needed. If possible I create this automatically but on many server I don't have the rights to do so.

This is a know bug (since years) and this is the best way to handle it right now. I have tried almost all other workarounds which most of the time are not working or only for one request.

- Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 22:24 

I understand that this is not a bug of JFU. What I can't understand is that the JFU worked fine for half a year and suddenly it got broken, and I had to make workarounds. Do you think my web host changed something recently, like introducing the session encryption?

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 01:11 
Site Admin

JFU has not changed if you didn't ;). Many hosters do updates or change security settings and don't tell anyone even if they do...

- Michael