Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 01:13

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Uploaderundefined
PostPosted: 9. Sep 2007, 17:15 

This looks like a very nice component but I have some conflict or misconfiguration.

Joomla 1.0.13 on a shared hosting Server.

After installation (no errors) the upload remote file window is blank and the header reads "Uploaderundefined" No errors are reported on the screen.

The Server Error log:
Quote:
[2007-09-09 08:26:42]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu)

[2007-09-09 08:26:24]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu)

[Sun Sep 9 08:29:50 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/404.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:29:50 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] script not found or unable to stat: /home/username/public_html/administrator/tfu_readDir.php

[Sun Sep 9 08:29:45 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/404.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:29:45 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] script not found or unable to stat: /home/username/public_html/administrator/tfu_readDir.php

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:42 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/404.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:42 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] script not found or unable to stat: /home/username/public_html/administrator/tfu_readDir.php

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:42 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/500.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:42 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] Premature end of script headers: /home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:25 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/404.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:25 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] script not found or unable to stat: /home/username/public_html/administrator/tfu_readDir.php

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:24 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/500.shtml

[Sun Sep 9 08:26:24 2007] [error] [client 100.100.100.100] Premature end of script headers: /home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php

Is the component looking for tfu_readDir.php in the wrong directory?

Any suggestions?

:cheers:
Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Sep 2007, 19:42 
Site Admin

seems you have a couple of problems there.

Your security restrictions on your server seem too high:
error: directory is writable by others: (/home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu)

and this seems to lead to the error that the tfu_readDir.php cannot be found (tfu_config.php does configure that and this seems not to be set).

Premature end of script headers: is a rights problem - do you have safe mode enabled?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Sep 2007, 22:38 

Safe mode is off.

I can change file and directory permissions, htaccess files but not much else.

Where to go from here?

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Sep 2007, 23:43 
Site Admin

first try to access the tfu_config.php directly - does this work?
Because It seems this is the first problem. In there the flash gets the path to e.g. the tfu_readDir.php.

Because the flash tries it's defaults and this are not o.k. in the Joomla environment.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Sep 2007, 00:30 

Thanks for the fast help. :D

I tried this:
/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php

The file is located there and permissions are 666.

I got this:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, (email address removed) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So it won't execute?

Server Error Log:
[2007-09-09 17:12:57]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu)
[2007-09-09 17:12:30]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu)
[Sun Sep 9 17:12:57 2007] [error] [client 24.208.212.43] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/500.shtml
[Sun Sep 9 17:12:57 2007] [error] [client 24.208.212.43] Premature end of script headers: /home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php
[Sun Sep 9 17:12:30 2007] [error] [client 24.208.212.43] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/500.shtml
[Sun Sep 9 17:12:30 2007] [error] [client 24.208.212.43] Premature end of script headers: /home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Sep 2007, 00:35 
Site Admin

seems your joomla or php is configured that no access is allowed if the directory is accessable by others (I have actually never seen this message before).

I don't understand why this happens because I think you have installed the zip with joomla and therefore the folders are created by joomla itself.

You can try use more restrictive folder permissions.

You first goal has to be that tfu_config.php has to be called properly.
Do you have a .htaccess that maybe restrict this?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Sep 2007, 00:58 

Here is the .htaccess file at the root of the site, did not find any others.

Quote:
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName (u r l removed)
AuthUserFile /home/username/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/username/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

I have no idea what it is doing.

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Sep 2007, 09:10 
Site Admin

any changes if you remove (rename) it.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Sep 2007, 02:29 

I put up a blank htaccess file and nothing changed, same errors in the Server log.

Sorry to say... But maybe your component is not for me on these Servers.

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Sep 2007, 09:07 
Site Admin

seems like your security restrictions only allows to access the main files of Joomla - This is not enough for JFU because it needs to load it's config file.

and this seems not allowed on your server. You can maybe ask your hoster if he know which restriction can be changed to call the tfu_config.php.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Sep 2007, 01:13 

Thank you very much for your time trying to assist me with this. I will keep watching your component and likely install it again later as I get some other things together.

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Sep 2007, 17:07 

Hi all,

I don't know if it's the same problem but after installation I am able to access my ftp directory in the administrator panel of joomla 1.0.13 however when I grant access to users in the frontend I have the same message "Uploaderundefined" and no others errors messages.

So I checked the directories and i noticed that there were 2 "com_joomla_flash_uploader" directory one in "/administrator/components/" directory and the other in "/components" directory.
By checking these 2 directories I have seen that in the administrator part there was a directory called "jfu" and many other files whereas in the frontend directory there was only 2 files and no directory.

So I have copied all the missing files from "root/adminidtrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader" to "root/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader" and then Instead of the message "Uploaderundefined" i have the good directory.

Anyway I still have a problem with the safe mode which is on, I can't set it to off because my ISP do not allow that operation, but I really don't understand why I manage to access the ftp directories under the joomla administrator panel and not in the frontend.
If you have any answers, it will be great.

Hope this help.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Sep 2007, 17:35 
Site Admin

you don't have to copy anything normally.

The folder under components is only for the frontend and the administrator/component stuff is for the backend.

the frontend only needs 2 files - they are using the stuff in the backend - therefore normally no need to copy anything.
Some files are not loaded like they should by your Joomla installation.

What would be really helpful -> try to find out which file your really need to get it work - try to delete the tfu folder you have copied first (not the one you have in the administration/...).

Have you really configured the frontend properly? Because your problem seems like the profile cannot be loaded properly and as a result of this the other files cannot be found. Because you have copied the files it could work because the flash has default folders as well.

about your safe mode problem. I have installed the safe mode patch for joomla on one of my server - then I could use the flash without any problems. The main restriction of the safe mode is the folder creation. If you create the folders with ftp and give them full permissions you can upload with the flash as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Sep 2007, 23:00 
Site Admin

please check if you have the php module suhosin
running. It seems that this causes the problem.

I'm currently investigating why this is a problem.

could you please ask your hoster if they have running this module. Optimal would be if there is a log file - then I could try to make JFU work despite suhosin. or the settings of suhosin.

Thanks for your help,

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Sep 2007, 10:27 

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have 2 joomla installations, one website with easyphp in local and the other one on the net.

With the local installation, without the folder tfu in the frontend directory (./components/com_flash_uploader) I get the error message "Uploaderundefined". If I copy only tfu directory with files tfu_helper and tfu_readDir everything works fine (if I delete only one file the error message get back).
I have checked the path in the uploader php file and it seems to be OK. I just noticed that there was only the path for tfu_helper and not for tfu_readDir.

With my other website on the net, My ISP is called "free" (a french provider) and as it is written in the name it's free to host a website, so i do not have any support, and I don't even know if there is a support.
I guess that there are not using suhosin because it's very recent and I didn't find anything with google.

I have the same parameter set for the local installation than for other one, so I guess if it's working with the local it should work with the other one.

Concerning the patch for joomla and the safe mode, I have heard about it, but as my website is online and used by many users, it's a lot of work to make the backup and it seems a little bit risky.

Anyway if you need my help just ask, I will be glad to help on such a nice component.

Cheers

Vince