Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 01:11

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: .htusers.php
PostPosted: 29. Nov 2006, 21:53 

I don't know how to program in php, but i am wondering if there is a way to have the '.htusers.php' file point to a text file containing the user information ?

text file would contain this for user information (somewhat structured) ...
array("andy","test","andy","",""),
array("mark","test","mark","",""),
array("greg","test","greg","",""),
array("tom","test","tom","",""),

and .htusers.php would look something like this ?...

$GLOBALS["users"]=array(
array("mytextfile"),
); ?>

Is this possible to do ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. Nov 2006, 23:06 
Site Admin

sure you can - but not like this - you would hace to read the text file properly.

And why a textfile - it's unsave and more complicated!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. Nov 2006, 23:17 

Thanks for your reply Michael.
Would you be able to give example of code that would point to a text file (or whatever file) that contains the users in a structured manner ?
The reason for this is it's easier for me to automate adding of users if the file was more structured. (a batch file or script that would add line at bottom of file containing new user information).

Is it possible for the text file to reside outside the web folder for security reasons ?

Unless, maybe you have a batchfile or script file that makes adding users easy to the .htusers.php file ?

Also wondering if user doesn't have flash8 on computer, does the uploader give option of uploading using the old html upload page like in twg ?

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Nov 2006, 01:42 
Site Admin

Hi,

twg has some code to write the user file - Thats about the same amount you have to code if you do it with a textfile. If you don't have experience - not easy!

textfile could be outside if you php allows this.

adding to .htuser = same as adding it to a textfile - see above.

No no fallback - this won't work with the existing upload classes because you need authorization to get this to work!
with the html you could easily bypass this - in TWG I have a security structure before!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2007, 15:49 

Hi,

I'm new to php and was wondering what the structure of the .htusers.php file needs to look like to have multiple users and each user has its own folder to upload files to. I don't need an automatic way for users to make their own, I will tell them what their username and password are. I just need to know how the file should look for the multiple user login to work (each user having its own folder to upload/download from.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2007, 16:20 
Site Admin

Open .htusers.php and read the documentation in there.
One line for one user.

default is:

$GLOBALS["users"]=array(
array("test","test","upload","",""),
); ?>

2 users:

$GLOBALS["users"]=array(
array("test","test","upload","",""),
array("test2","test2","upload2","","")
); ?>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2007, 16:49 

Weird, I don't seem to have the htusers.php file. I wonder if its hiding on my MAC because of the . at the beginning.

Thanks for the help! We are looking at purchasing the 50E version, I just wanted to make sure I could get multiple users with their own folders to work before buying it. Also just to clarify (since the demos don't show it), my clients will be able to download files from their folders as well as upload correct? Reason I ask is I upload files for them to download all the time and I need this feature as well, not just the uploading. Our current 6 your old php app doesn't have a download/upload progress bar so my clients never know if the file is uploading or not. Does the progress bar work for downloading as well?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2007, 17:13 
Site Admin

. files are hidden by default under mac.

Multiple users is no problem - it was actually designed for that because it's part of the TinyWebGallery backend.

Download works too - with progress bar - You select one file - then press download in the Menu.
if you only have the download menu item active (disable create folder , rename ...) you can even replace the menu Point with the download button.

see: $enable_file_download in the tfu_config.php.

/Michael