Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 01:08

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13. Oct 2006, 11:18 

Hi,

Thank you for this great little uploader, it is just what I needed. I am still a PHP virgin, as a matter of a fact totally new to most of these things. I have managed to change the setttings for the uploader to what I want it to look like. That is all fine.

Now, I was wondering since I saw that people can actually log in, if it is possible to have my new clients create usernames and passwords when the log-in screen shows up?

I want this function for new customers, they should have their own unique folders when registering, and unique username. Is this possible?

I have copied the "admin" folder to the same level as the "load" folder but from there I do not have a clue as to how I should go about changing things. I have tested the application on my webserver using the login screen with test/test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am sure everyone just "loves" "web virgins" asking all these questions.

Regards
Francois

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Oct 2006, 12:36 
Site Admin

The flash does not have a usermanagment - he has a login functionality with the users you manage.

TFU is intended to use e.g. in TWG where I do already have a user management and there I create, manage users, directories ....

Normally you should implement a small app where users can create their accounts (if you really want this). This is not a task that should be done in the flash because this are simple entry masks that are much more flexible if you do this e.g. in php.

test/test is hardcoded in the backend as example (in TWG I use of course my user management).
When I'm bored (and this normally does NOT happen) I maybe add a little user management to the flash (a .htuser where you can enter users, password and the upload directory).

But actually someone who uses it can do this :).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Oct 2006, 12:50 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok I understand that bit about it now being used with the TWG.

But now another question, can users be created on my ServerSide for example?
Here is the scenario:
1. Client contacts me to do a job on an image
2. I will then create a username and password on my side
3. I e-mail them the username and password I created.
4. They go to the login page and upload their image to the default directory.
5. I sync the files with Dreamweaver then to get the image file and delete it from the server then.

One upload directory for all images is all I will use, clients will rename their file names to rules I tell them to.

Here is what I thought may be possible(you are the expert here)

If I add on to the tfu_config.php file every time I get a new user:

if ($user != ""){
if ($user == "User1" && $pass == "passwordhere"){
$login = "true";
}else{
$login = "reauth";
}

if ($user != ""){
if ($user == "User2" && $pass == "passwordhere"){
$login = "true";
}else{
$login = "reauth";
}

if ($user != ""){
if ($user == "User3" && $pass == "passwordhere"){
$login = "true";
}else{
$login = "reauth";
}

Would this work for what I want?

Thank you for the patience!

Francois

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Oct 2006, 13:00 
Site Admin

jep - could be done easier but yes :).

I would set the $folder to e.g. the username and create folders for each user - then the users don't have to rename their files.

and for you it's ony a directory you have your files in. If you like you could even add a "mail notification" in the upload.php if someone has uploaded something.

/Michael

Post subject: Mail notification?
PostPosted: 25. Oct 2006, 12:08 

TinyWebGallery wrote:

If you like you could even add a "mail notification" in the upload.php if someone has uploaded something.

/Michael

My question: how to do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Oct 2006, 12:27 
Site Admin

add the code to send an email to tfu_upload.php.

ask php help how to send an email :)

/Michael