Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 12:08

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17. Aug 2010, 15:13 

Good Morning Michael,

I received the following from a customer this morning:

Quote:
After investigation, we found that your upload page does not appear to work with an authenticating proxy: i.e. a proxy server that may challenge the user for their credentials. Disabling authentication for that page allows the upload to complete. We would like to find out what the proxy support is for the product, especially authenticated proxy support.

I found a similar issue in the JFU forum from a year ago - the subject is "Error - http: 407" and I think the topic number is 2132. The post seems to describe the same situation (although I don't have any error codes or messages from my customer yet) and you were going to check with the author of the flash to see about a workaround.

I was wondering if you have had a chance to investigate this further and if there is anything I can tell my customer.

Thanks!

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Aug 2010, 16:12 
Site Admin

Unfortunately I have never heard from this guy.

Which browser they they using? Because e.g. FF does not send cookies properly while IE does.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Aug 2010, 16:50 

I am waiting for a call back from our customer. I will find out the errors and versions.

In the mean time, do you know if there is a way to test an authenticating proxy and redirect the client to a plain html upload page?

Thanks,

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Aug 2010, 16:56 
Site Admin

You could do this after the first error. TFU provides a debug Javascript call where you could check the 407 error and then you can display a message and display a simple html upload form.

Since flash 10 this cannot be done automatically anymore because every upload has to triggered by a user action (like pressing a button).

See the tfu.htm for details.

- Michael