Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 00:26

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25. Feb 2009, 02:09 

I have installed the Flash Uploader but have hit the server upload limit therefore I need to use the File Splitter Applet.

I am not a java expert and am still learning Joomla. I have programmed in other languages and can follow instructions but it is not obvious to me how to install it and get it to work from our Joomla website.

If I open fsa_signed.htm locally, the applet works. I would love some help to get it to open from a Joomla menu item as a new page or preferably on the same page as the Flash Uploader. Do I upload the fsa directory to our website and link to the htm file? Does JDK ask to install itself automatically when a user attempts to use the applet?

Our customers need simple instructions in order to upload large files to us so we are trying to make it as easy for them as possible.

Thanks for any help that can be given!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Feb 2009, 02:29 
Site Admin

You don't have to know any java.

Only include it like described on the website (or as you see in the fsa_signed.htm). You can e.g. copy the whole directory to your server and include it in an iframe. You can enter the code for the iframe in the profile in the text boxes if you like.
Then it's even on the same page as the flash.

Are you not able to raise your upload limits on your server?

- Michael

Post subject: Success
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2009, 00:06 

FTP is unlimited, HTTP uploads 8192. They will not change it. Very annoying but my client does not want to move the website.

Here are the steps for the benefit of other users. I got it to work by uploading the fsa directory to my server then doing the following:

On the JFU Configuration page, in the Group Profile for authorised users, I added the following to the "Text before the flash" text box

<IFRAME SRC="fsa/fsa_signed.htm" WIDTH=430 HEIGHT=330>
If you can see this, your browser doesn't understand IFRAME. However, we'll still <A HREF="fsa/fsa_signed.htm">link</A>
you to the file.
</IFRAME>

____

I would like to fix the file size automatically but I am not sure how to include the javascript code if you could offer a tip on that.

Does JDK ask to install itself automatically when a user attempts to use the applet?

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2009, 09:07 
Site Admin

you can simply pass the parameter of the size to the applet. Because you know the upload limt you can enter a fixed value there.

JDK is not installed automatically. The JRE is I think ~ 10 MB. But most systems should already have it installed. I actually don't have any machine without jdk to really test it. Try for yourself.

- Michael

Post subject: change title of applet
PostPosted: 12. Mar 2009, 23:51 

Got everything working but wonder if there is an easy way to change the title which shows on the applet from 'TFU File Split Applet 0.5' to 'File Splitter'?

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Mar 2009, 23:57 
Site Admin

This is specified in the language file inside the jar file.

You can change this is you like. The sources and the build files can be found on the website.

- Michael