Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:47

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 15:51 

Hi - Am a first time user. This looks excellent!

My upload folders are created for individual users based on their User Login ID... I have 2 questions relating to this...

1) If those folders already exist with files in them, will there be any problems?
2) Where those folders don't exist and are create by the Uploader, can I ensure they are always created with just lower case letters? By default it's keeping the capitalisation and that confuses some of my other Joomla template stuff which is only reading lower case folder names...

Thanks a million!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 16:14 
Site Admin

1. no - is simply uses this directory
2. are your usernames with big characters? You only have to modify the creation part of the directory then + the check where I check if it already exists.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 16:23 

1) Awesome news :D I'll test things but I'm hoping that also means if the username is part in upper case, it won't create a folder with those upper case characters when there's already on in place which is all lowercase.

2) Yes - some of my usernames have capitals in them. How do I 'modify the creation part of the directory' - Do you mean that is something I can do automatically somehow? or do I have to monitor manually??

Thanks so much for your help! I have little doubt I'll be registering my version of the Uploader and going professional when I've got used to what this can do!

Top Job :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 16:37 
Site Admin

big and small characters depend on the system. I'll extend JFU that it'll will use small characters only. Especially on windows this could be a problem because they would be the same anyway.

for the plugin i'll update the download tonight ... version will be 2.8.1 then.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 16:46 
Site Admin

Can you tell me your joomla version? Then I can send you the new version with the fixed plugin for testing.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2008, 16:53 

OK - That'll be great. I'm on Joomla 1.5.8.

Editing this post now to say I've tested the revision - works totally perfectly from what I can see - everything now in lower case. Great job :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Jan 2009, 11:37 

Hi, just installed the plugin after a previous flash uploader stopped working with Flash10.
User directory creation in lower case is a BiG ProBlEM becase.. surprize surprize.. my Joomla runs under Linux and my users have mixed case names. So Mike and mike are different users hence should have different upload directory.

any plan on having this lower-case-name-conversion-on-directory-creation as an option?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Jan 2009, 11:49 
Site Admin

not right now.

I think allowing user names that have mixed case names and treat them different is confusing.

But you can easily remove this convertion by removing
strtolower
in joomla_flash_uploader.php

after in install it in the components directory. (components\com_joomla_flash_uploader)

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Jan 2009, 21:33 
Site Admin

I'll add this as option to 2.8.1.3. I make some small improvements and i'll add tis option there as well.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Jan 2009, 17:36 

that worked!
thank you very much.