Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:08

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29. Oct 2008, 01:00 

I have two issues I can't seem to cure. 1st one is that when I try to update from from 1.74 to 1.75 using the patch, I can no longer log on to my site, I get and Internet explorer error and the system restarts. I tried this a few times and it continues to act up so I resorted back to the 1.74 and all is back to normal.. I also have a 2nd site I just installed a new copy of 1.75 and it runs just fine. Any ideas on how to upgrade the 1st site without losing all my setup and pictures??? :?:

Problem #2: For some reason, the private.png picture doesn't work in my locked folders. When I upload a picture, and name it private.png, It will display the full size picture. If I then shrink it to the recommended 120 x 120, All I see is the folder, and a little red x in the corner of the folder box. I can't seem to figure out what it going on with this. I am presently being very choosey with the first picture I upload so it can be the folders display, but I still wonder what is going on with the private.png issue in my locked folders. :?:
Any ideas or help with these issues would be most appreciated.. :)

A bit more info here, I''m running a home server with windows 2000 pro and the ABYSS web server program, I presently have 2 registered sites of TWG and one site non registered with the demo still running on it for referencing. I also have a test machine running off line with the identical setup, an exact copy and I have the same issues on both machines. Just in case that helps.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2008, 10:58 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. very strange. Because the patch only updates the normal program files no settings or pictures ...
What you can try is to delete all non image files from the directory 'cache'. Maybe the temp caches have a problem.
You can do this by calling twg with: index.php?twg_reset_bandwidth=true

2. private.png is always shown in the original size (like folder.png). This should be that way because then it is possible do do some layouting with the folder image sizes.

If the big one is displayed and the small one not it seems that the small one is corrupt somehow. you can actually use any image type and rename it to private.png (I always use .jpgs because they are smaller).

/Michael