Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 08:24

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2007, 20:15 

This program is not displaying horizontal and vertical images with any consistency in size. No matter how I change the settings, there seems to be no consistency. Clicking on the thumbnails (which will not scroll, I assume because there are 36 images in one folder) during a single session displays images vertically to what I set $small_pic_size variable to, then a few images later they are displayed much smaller, then they are displayed large again. The same is true for the horizontal image display. I know what ever is happening is logical, but I fail to see the logic!

I would like to display my images with consistency.
The images are in both horizontal and vertical format.
Horizontal are 1173w x 782h
Vertical are 782w x 1173h
I have read the posts and the documentation in the my_config.php and config.php.
I have been using various settings for:

$small_pic_size=
$resize_only_if_too_big
$use_small_pic_size_as_height

Any time the config file is changed I delete the image cache.
I also delete my temporary files and temporary internet files on my C drive in Windows XP.
I am using IE version 7.0.5730.11
TWG version: 1.5.1 (according to my_config.php)

I would like the option to choose the size of the image displayed either:

A) the same size (in total area), say 600 in height for vertical images, in which case the vertical images would displace the lower strip of thumbs further down the page since vertical image height would be greater than horizontal image height (the vertical image height is equal to the horizontal image width)

OR

B) the image height is the same for both vertical and horizontal images (lower strip of thumbs is not displaced from image to image) and the area of the vertical images will be considerably less than the horizontal images since the width will be much less than the horizontal images.

Can someone tell me which variables I must set to what values in order to accomplish both of these scenarios?
It does not appear I will get the sliding thumbnails to work with 36 images in the folder.
It would be great to have thumbnails the correct aspect ratio for the image each represents (rectangular), but that does not appear possible either.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2007, 01:28 
Site Admin

all right-

first - which version are you using?

About the thumbs - you can display the thumbs in the thumbnail strip smaller than on the thumbstrip - if this is the case they appear bigger once because the cache image is not gerneted yet and I cannot read the real size - once this is done they all appear in the real size.

2nd - do you want the thumbs to be clipped images or real ones?

in your case I think:

$resize_only_if too big - does not matter
$use_small_pic_size_as_height=true - then all images have the same heigt - the thumbnail strip does not jump!

your setting seems like a normal one like I use in many of my demos - and 36 is not a problem wih the images ;) - 30 000 would be ;).

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2007, 16:44 

Thank you for the reply:

>>first - which version are you using?

I believe I stated that clearly.

>>you can display the thumbs in the thumbnail strip smaller than on the thumbstrip

I think what you are saying is that thumbnails can be displayed smaller within the thumbstrip field. I realize this, but it is not relevant to the bigger problem. I would like to display thumbs as rectangles, vertical or horizontal to preserve aspect ratio of photo each represents, not square thumbnails, if that is possible.

I tried Coppermine, and that seems to be doing everything I cannot get TWG to do. I realize it uses a database, and the big attraction for TWG is that is does not use a database. I hope my comments and frustration help you improve TWG. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2007, 16:59 
Site Admin

set $show_clipped_images=true;
to
$show_clipped_images=false;

delete the content of the cache folder - then you get the thumbs fully displayed and not clipped.

/Michael