Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 10:36

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 06:47 

First I can't find the php.ini file to change the memory settings because that is coming up when i check my installation is it in my twg file or on in my website's files? The twg does show up on my modules but everytime I activate it it opens in a new window and none of the pictures are there just red xs and boxes that should be thumbnails and when i click one I get nothing. I would like to run this module inside my website on a block in an iframe which i have the config set up to do. Everytime I try to add the iframe inside a seperate page by just using the twg link on my site that works when i call it up in my browser outside of my website it doesn't work. I have the auto detect thumbnails turned off and the iframe setting set to true, but still I get nothing. I have tried adding the install directory php string in my additional tab but it says it is an invalid php code. Please help me get this running with my phpnuke at least the module is showing up so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 13:14 
Site Admin

is twg running standalone? - means you call it directly? This is the first thing that should run.

then check the info.php - and then the counter/_mydebug.out.

php.ini is a file from the webserver - it you don't have access then you have your images smaller that php can process it - the mayx resolution is shown on the info page too ;).

install_dir has ONLY to be modified if yo use php include.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 15:29 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
is twg running standalone? - means you call it directly? This is the first thing that should run.

php.ini is a file from the webserver - it you don't have access then you have your images smaller that php can process it - the mayx resolution is shown on the info page too ;).

install_dir has ONLY to be modified if yo use php include.

/Michael

I have my twg set to load in an iframe but Yes it is fine when I type my web address in my browser that calls the twg directly in a path to it's directory. Do I need to use php include and if I do how do I do that? and what is the right php command to install_dir if I need to?
I will check my info page but when i checked my installation, can't detect memory limit comes up in orange so i know that is one problem. If i change the resolution will that fix it? Thanks for thr reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 15:55 
Site Admin

if you use an iframe you don t have to change install_dir! install_dir MUST be empty when used in an iframe!

You say that twg works fine if you call it directly and not if incldued in an iframe - that does not make sense - you can load any page in an iframe ind it s simply displayed in this iframe.

you should have knowledge if you use php include! howto 2 tells you how this can be done - but you should use an iframe - it s much easier.
You can e.g. try to include my demo gallery in an iframe and see if this works.

Michael

PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 15:58 

Quote:

Do I have to change this in my PHP Admin? My database?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 16:02 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
if you use an iframe you don t have to change install_dir! install_dir MUST be empty when used in an iframe!

You say that twg works fine if you call it directly and not if incldued in an iframe - that does not make sense - you can load any page in an iframe ind it s simply displayed in this iframe.

you should have knowledge if you use php include! howto 2 tells you how this can be done - but you should use an iframe - it s much easier.
You can e.g. try to include my demo gallery in an iframe and see if this works.

Michael

Yes that is what it is doing as soon as I try to put it into my website in an iframe it does't work I do need to change my memory in the php.ini I know that if I can find it and do it. Once I change my memory and resolution of my thumbnails perhaps it will work. I will try that first. Thanks.

PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 16:30 

I can't find the php.ini and I am not sure where to change my image resolution itself and I can't post the links here for you to see what it is doing because ya have it turned off here in the forum to post urls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 16:41 
Site Admin

php ini is in you webserver! if you have a public hoster you don't have access.

changing the resolution of an image: you have to change the resolution of the image itself - can be done with any image program. There are porgramm that to that in batch mode!

And about urls - you have to be a member of the forum of more then 2 days and more then 3 posts! Thank spammers for this!

simply post the url without . and use _ instead of / ;).

/Michael

Post subject: More questions?
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 17:38 

These are the urls since I can't post a link yet.
This is what my gallery does when I try to load it inside my website:
wwwcoolcntrygalcom_modules.php?name=tinywebgallery

and this is what it does when i load it by itself calling it up in my web browser:
wwwcoolcntrygalcom_modules_tinywebgallery_

If I don't have access to my php.ini what should my image resolution be? I can't find it on my info.php and if I change all my images will this fix the problem my installation check is showing me to fix? it comes up orange for memory limit not detected. Will it work inside my website if I change my image resolution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 18:22 
Site Admin

if i go to the gallery

http://www.coolcntrygal.com/modules/tin ... /index.php

it looks fine - do you have autodetection to false? because your thumbs are huge and are not diplayed - and I have a screen wih 1400x 1050 and it does not fit ;).

Therefore - the installation seems fine.

If I go to the 1st link it says the module is not active.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 20:54 

I activated the module but it is invisble till I get it fixed and my thumbnails are on set to false for auto detect but it still is not showing up right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 20:59 
Site Admin

I only see the standalone version hat works and there you simly have to use less images.

maybe you should different sizes for
$thumb_pic_size and $strip_thumb_pic_size

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2007, 21:24 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
I only see the standalone version hat works and there you simly have to use less images.

maybe you should different sizes for
$thumb_pic_size and $strip_thumb_pic_size

What size should I try and do I change this in the config or do I need to add these commands in the addtional box? I know it calls up the iframe folder when it is in iframe mode but I I do not see the iframes folder in my parent directory when I login to my administration and use simple view should it be in the parent directory? The iframes folder is in the parent directory on my server when I login with my ftp but not when I login with the twg administration. Would this cause problems?

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2007, 03:47 

I got a iframe code of the phpnuke website that actually worked it looks great. I am so happy i can use the module I had to create a new module to include the index.php page I made using their code and it worked. so in other words a module inside a module. So it works that way.