Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 10:29

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Videos are gone
PostPosted: 11. Jun 2018, 21:15 

Hello all,
I regularly add pic/movie files to a private TWG gallery, and I just noticed that all the videos on it are just gone. I mean the files are still there, but they are not visible, no thumbnails. I'm sure it used to work last year when I setup everything. I have a mix of various files: mp4, mov, avi, flv, mts, webm, ogv... The jpegs pictures work fine but no videos anymore...
I haven't touched the configuration in at least a year and I don't know when this started...
Where should I start to diagnose this ?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Videos are gone
PostPosted: 11. Jun 2018, 22:04 
Site Admin

Thumbnails are needed. So this is what you should look first. Or why they are not there anymore.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jun 2018, 14:44 

Ha, yes, I'd forgotten about that, and even looking into other messages didn't ring a bell. After I regenerate previews, I see the thumbnails of the videos (I tried in a test dir of all the different video types), but clicking on them only bring a Download prompt. I remember that (maybe not all but some) videos had an embedded player. Why is that missing ?
Thanks.

PostPosted: 12. Jun 2018, 16:40 

Let me amend that comment. I think something was wrong with the permissions of the archive, so I used chmod/chown to fix it. I now see all the thumbnails and the embedded video player does open, but it will play only some videos: mp4 (without streaming, needs to download the whole thing first) and flv,mov,webm,ogv (streaming). All others (avi, mts, wmv) either display the 1st frame in the player with the message "Video not found: filename.avi" or only offer to download, depending on where you click from.

PostPosted: 13. Jun 2018, 14:19 
Site Admin

you have a url?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 2. Jul 2018, 11:14 

I think something wasn't right with the consents of the file, so I utilized chmod/chown to settle it. I currently observe every one of the thumbnails and the installed video player opens, yet it will play just a few recordings: mp4 (without gushing, needs to download the entire thing first) and flv,mov,webm,ogv (spilling). All others (avi, mts, wmv) either show the first edge in the player with the message "Video not found: filename.avi" or just offer to download, contingent upon where you click from.

Post subject: Videos are gone
PostPosted: 4. Jul 2018, 20:38 

Oh right - that explains that one then - thanks Anyway I can make all the videos into Bink movies?

PostPosted: 24. Dec 2018, 16:22 
Site Admin

??

PostPosted: 27. Dec 2018, 21:39 
Site Admin

? Submit Videos? Where?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]