Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 09:00

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19. Jan 2007, 21:04 

I'm using TWG with PHP include. I've set $php_include to true and modified the $install_dir parameter to point to TWG's location. The gallery works great except for one thing: streaming mp3s. All other media works fine.

I've configured the video.php as per How-to 34 and set the $video_flash_site location to point to my mp3's I've tried local and remote, and in both cases I get the same result. The download link works perfectly, but the player is unable to load the song.

The same is true for the BOAS demo folder. (killer band!)

I see in the folder info that player needs to be configured manually if using PHP include, and I've been all through how-to 34 trying to find what I've missed. Everything seems to be working properly but the player. The thumbs show, the info displays, the download link changes correctly with each song, the songs appear to load, but the player itself cannot find anything.

Missing something simple here? @__@

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Jan 2007, 14:42 
Site Admin

have you adopted the path in twg_audiolist.php

$xmlfilename = "cache/audiolist.xml";

? In 1.5.5 this is still static - I have changed this in my local version.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Jan 2007, 19:19 

I did, it was one othe first things I did so I had forgotten. It cleared up an error message early on, and the audiolist.xml file is being created properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. Jan 2007, 10:26 
Site Admin

I think I forgot to explain this in the howto:

If you use php include you have to copy the twg_audiolist.php into the folder where the file you include twg is located. Then you have to edit twg_audiolist.php and edit the parameter $xmlfilename that it points to the cache folder (adding the parameter of $install_dir).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Jan 2007, 23:04 

That's what was missing. =D That's a huge step forward.

I'm noticing the player is playing files at a somewhat lower speed (and as a result lower pitch) than the actual files should play. Is there a setting in the player I can adjust for this? (At least they're playing now, MUCH better than before!)

This song is a work in progress (a videogame remix I'm doing) so the quality isn't wonderful, but feel free to give it a listen, then download the file and listen in winamp to see what I mean.

http://www.paradox-lost.com/gallery.php?twg_album=9PL_Music_Test&twg_show=x

Also, since the twg_audiolist.php file is outside the main directory, should I add the validate or die string to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Jan 2007, 23:08 

(Another thing you might notice is that the website's top navigation gets completely blown apart in firefox as the gallery include loads. This doesn't happen in IE, where the table/div sizes all behave. I'm working on figuring out why Firefox isn't listening to the styles. Sorry it looks messy!
Oh, Still need that Foxwoods Hardrock shotglass? May be there next month. ^_~)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Jan 2007, 10:35 
Site Admin

Hi,

you are right with the speed - weired - the player is not from me - I have only enhanced it a little bit - I can check the code if there are some speed settings somewhere ...

About firefox - that's firefox - the start to display the page before it is completely loaded - I don't think there is anything I can do about this :(.

yep - still need the shot glas from Foxwood ;) - would be great Ify you can grab one for me.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Jan 2007, 20:45 

I feel the same way about Firefox. ^_~
If you come up with anything on the player, let me know. =) I appreciate it.
It's good to know I don't have to be banging my head against a wall trying to figure out what I'm missing in the code with both firefox and the player.
Thanks for all the help, looking forward to the next version. =) You have a great thing going here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Jan 2007, 10:45 
Site Admin

one thing - have you tried with different mp3's ? Or does it make a difference if you use ie ?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2007, 07:12 

Oddly enough, I'm starting to notice it doesn't effect all mp3s. I'm trying to figure out why it would effect some and find anything that might be different about the ones that play slowly.

All files seem to play the same in IE as they do in FF.

Currently, I'm working on getting Captions to display certain characters when pictures are loaded from the java scrolling strip at the bottom. Loading an image from the top buttons or the thumbnails view will display captions normally, but via the thumbstrip on the details view, certain characters like ' (apostrophe) do not display correctly. I'm looking forward to the extra control of captions that the next version will have. =) This is just a minor thing though.

I'd use a seperate image text for each image but I like the DHTML version too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2007, 10:36 
Site Admin

in 1.6 I will change everything to utf-8 - Then all encoding problems should be gone ;).

what do you mena with seperate image text - you mean captions?
What does happen with ' on your system?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2007, 23:04 

Oh, I mean using the image.txt file for individual image description. But the image.txt doesn't refresh between images in dhtml mode as I understand it. So I use captions. =)

I added some captions (by logging in and adding captions from the gallery) to the songs I'd uploaded if you want to hit that link again and see how the appear in IE and FF. FF ignores the styles which we covered, but if you use the scrolling thumbnai strip to change files, when the captions refresh, certain characters (apostrophe for instance) appear as question marks or ascii symbols. ( ' appears as � in firefox and as ? in IE.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2007, 23:11 

Hmmm... The captions are just acting weird for me now Sometimes they display fine even from the cmotion strip, and other times they display as I mentioned. It's not hard to see what I mean if you click around a little in the music section. Now the trouble is that captions for one file are starting to overwrite the captions on the other files. They work fine at first, changing as I change images, but after I re-load the gallery and come back later, I find the same caption on both songs.

I think the best bet here is to worry about writing image descriptions when 6 is ready. =)

Hope this isn't confusing, it's tricky to describe what's going on. I'm going out for some coffee. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Jan 2007, 13:21 
Site Admin

I konw this symbols too well - The encoding of the page is set wrong by the browser ...

I have just detected while changing everything to utf-8 that I set the encoding string in ' - this worked fine except IE.

I hope everything with any ? are gone withe 1.6 completly because I don't have to convert the encoding anymore. I'm doing som testing this weekend if I have some time ...

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Jan 2007, 22:41 

=D Enjoy the weekend!