Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:47

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 3. Apr 2017, 18:46 

hallo Michael,

It may or may not be a problem for me (my page on webhost with a limited diskspace), but it now looks like a bit strange to me: there is /public_html folder, where all site files are, and at the same level there is /tmp folder, where sess_p0rah5otsrk60s2om420bftqp5 -like files are continuously created, they seems like your program creates them. Then the question: when are they deleted? Is it some time? Is it some used space? Can I configure /tmp used disk max value, which may not be exceeded?

I'm happily using for years a rather old version 1.7.8. :)

Andra

PostPosted: 3. Apr 2017, 20:50 
Site Admin

This seem to be the normal session files. they are created by your server. one for each user for the time he is on your server. The cleanup is also done by the server. How often they are cleanup I don't know as I don't know your server setup...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 3. Apr 2017, 21:19 

ah, hmm, then it has nothing to do with tinywebgallery... Well, I have two sites on that server (not mine) and such files I see only for this one, and the file content also seems as if it is created by the site program.
OK, thank you, maybe it's really not a problem. I'm a bit worried about the disk space, I just can't understand when it grows too much.

PostPosted: 4. Apr 2017, 21:21 

and today in _mydebug.out I see quite a lot:

04.04.2017 9:21:15 (lv) - ERROR STACKTRACE:
File: (Line: )
Function: on_error
Args: 2, Unknown: open(/storage/nnn/tmp/sess_8b8lga4gtnp5975jm10qssvs82, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122), Unknown, 0, Array

04.04.2017 9:21:15 (lv) - ERROR STACKTRACE:
File: (Line: )
Function: on_error
Args: 2, Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/storage/nnn/tmp), Unknown, 0, Array

Ok, the site is not down. Yet, it worries me.

PostPosted: 5. Apr 2017, 09:28 
Site Admin

It should worry you. You don't have enough space for the session files of your server. TWG does store some data in the session for performance reasons. But as I said. management/cleanup is part of the server. Check the settings of your server to optimize this.

Best, Michael