Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 16:02

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11. Aug 2017, 12:38 

Hi,

first of all sorry if this is the wrong place to ask my question, but I am completly new to TWG and just started to encounter all its features.

Now to my question: I added a video to my TWG in MP4 format and added a video.php as described in the "howto" (configured as FLV). Everything works fine an de the video is well played. Now I want to add subtitles to the video (another topic which I just started to learn about). I found that the easiest way is to provide a SRT file containing the subtitles. This file has the same name as the video itself and is located within the same folder. When starting the video locally on my computer the windows media player recognizes the SRT file and displays the subtiles properly on demand. Is it possible to do the same in TWG? Can I simply add the SRT file and the FLV player (correct?) plays the MP4 together with the subtitles? If so, what has to be configured that this works?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Stephan

PostPosted: 16. Aug 2017, 21:27 
Site Admin

I have never worked with SRT files before.

I have found: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/App ... TML5_video

so it seems for the browser some additional things are needed.

Best, Michael