Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 20:01

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16. Sep 2014, 16:53 

TWG is offered on my hosting site. I chose it because I hoped it would be simple to use. I am trying to set up my folders and albums but have only managed one. another keeps giving me the error messages about trying to hack twg and to try again-on all options. this makes no sense as I am logged in and should be able to do everything. I am totally confused with the demos. Is anyone willing to help me with this? I just want a year main folder, then an album for each month to hold albums of the events during that month. it really shouldn't be that difficult. I was wanting to pay for the add-on slide out tree on the side but if I cannot get the albums set up it will do me no good and I might just as well choose a different photo gallery that is offered. thank you for any and all help and suggestions. barb

PostPosted: 16. Sep 2014, 17:11 
Site Admin

Seems like the installation is not correct. The hacking text does only come if the request contain incalid characters.
When does this message does come?

Which version is offered by the hoster?

Don't be confused by the demos. They show just many possible setups. Simply delete the demo folders if they confuse you.
Then create the folder structure you like in the "pictures" folder and than you should be fine.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 16. Sep 2014, 21:31 

Thank you, Michael. they have installed version 2.1. I get this error when I click on the buttons on one of the main folders I installed just below the demo folders. I have left them in place to delete later. I also get the hacking message when I try to delete a bad image file in one folder. I wonder should I reinstall the software. I have only a few pictures installed in one other folder at this time.

PostPosted: 17. Sep 2014, 00:17 
Site Admin

Can you post one of you requests that cause this error?
Because maybe one of my blocked words is somewhere in your url.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 17. Sep 2014, 16:33 

here are some screen shots. the message happens for any of the buttons whether I am logged in or not. thanks, Michael. I cannot seem to delete the broken photo nor any other options on that page.
Attachment:
Image6.jpg
Image6.jpg [ 216.31 KiB | Viewed 3253 times ]
Attachment:
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg [ 156.41 KiB | Viewed 3253 times ]
Attachment:
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg [ 141.41 KiB | Viewed 3253 times ]

PostPosted: 17. Sep 2014, 16:50 
Site Admin

Seems the other images do work except

favorite gate-st augustine marine and bridge st..png

Remove the .. at the end because .. can be used for directory traversal attacks and I simply don't allow this pattern.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 17. Sep 2014, 20:03 

Thank you, Michael. I deleted the photo and things seem to be all right. I will be able to work on this again sometime next week. If I have any other concerns I will come back and post. I truly appreciate your prompt help. Barb