Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:14

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Troube with larger files
PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 02:49 

Hi all,
I'm running TWG 2.1 (unregistered) and I'm wondering how to correctly set up the installation for, well, non-tiny images. (and whether registration/Lightbox will fix this.)

Let's leave thumbnails aside, they work fine.

But what is the proposed way to handle files that are, by default, larger than the screen?
Of course I'd like to have a preview, so I tried "Size of the web images" 1000 first, "Enable download/popup?" set to true.
Then I get a neat preview (no way to zoom in, though) - clicking on the image opens the full-res image in a popup, but at at fixed size (depending on the browser preference, either scaled down or 100% - toggling between both does not work, as left click is mapped to download) - so basically unusable.

Increasing "Size of the web images" instead basically screws up everything, shows 100% pictures on the site picture immediately, i.e., too large.

I used a self-coded gallery before, simply linking to the image, opening it in the same window. That allowed download by right click, and toggling between scaled and 100% view by mouse click. Can I set up TWG to do the same when clicking on the image?

How well does Lightbox handle large pictures (>1gpix)? Maybe this is the wrong forum to ask, but - does it generate different resolution levels, blending between them or will it simply downscale the largest version? The latter may load too slow to be enjoyable.

....All I want is the typical behavior - thumbnail overview, click one, get a (near) fullscreen preview, click it again, be able to zoom in, up to 100%. Is this possible with TWG at all? (Maybe I should have asked before investing a day ;))

Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 09:44 
Site Admin

Hi,

the lightbox would not solve the problem as it uses the image you tell it to use.

But you have many options to configure that:

$enable_download = true; // (true/false) enable download of original files
$enable_download_counter=true; // (true/false) Enables the counting of download of an image - $enable_direct_download has to be set to false
$enable_direct_download=false; // (true/false) does only work with $enable_download=true - you can select if the original images are linked directly or if a call goes to a php page which returns the image. true: shows the image in the browser and it's easy for someone to go to your image directory and browse even into protected folders - please don't use this if you have protected galleries false: shows a download window where you can save the image. This is much saver but people with slow connections have sometimes problems downloading properly (reported by some users - therefore I added the direct download) - please test on your system if the recommended 'false' setting work! Attention: if your filename does contains characters like äöü ... you get a 'you don't have permissions' warning on my windows system please don't use this characters if you using direct download - thanks
$open_as_popup=true; // (true/false) true: opens the new window as popup - false: opens the new window as new browser - works for direct download as well - but be careful with the files and foldernames here - There is a php and Javascript mix - Don't usw special characters like äöü for album and folder names!
$click_on_popup_dl_image = true; // (true/false) you can enable that you download the image if you click on it in the popup - if false you close the popup
$open_download_in_browser = false; // (true/false) Opens the original file as download or in the browser: true: in the browser; false as download - you have to set $ open_as_popup and open_download_in_new_window to false!
$open_in_maximized_view=false; // (true/false) opens the image in the maximized view as it can be done in the menu - $open_download_in_new_window and open_as_popup are ignored!
$open_download_in_new_window=true; // (true/false) should be true if open in browser is true because the dhtml jumps back to the initial image and not to he last! is you use the lightbox this swtich is ignored

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 14:01 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Hi,

the lightbox would not solve the problem as it uses the image you tell it to use.

Ouch, I see. :)

Okay, I'll play around with the options and see what magic I can fabricate :) Thanks!

PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 19:26 

Thanks again,
Code:
$enable_download = true;
$enable_direct_download=true;
$open_as_popup=false;
$click_on_popup_dl_image = false;
$open_download_in_browser = true;
$open_in_maximized_view=false;
$open_download_in_new_window=false;

Did the trick.

The rest worked out fine, up to a minor issue. (For me not an issue, as I'm a keyboard navigation guy, but most people I know use the mouse...)
Can I add images/content directly next to the images, like shown in the attachment? I'd just like to have two big forward/back buttons there. As far as I could see, there was no option to enable such behavior...?

Attachments:
wish.jpg
wish.jpg [ 237.55 KiB | Viewed 2791 times ]

PostPosted: 16. Jul 2014, 20:35 
Site Admin

This 2 big buttons actually do exist but they are designed for the Wii. So only if a Wii is detected they are shown. But you could fake this by setting this variable to true.

set $wii=true; at the bottom of inc/setbrowser.inc.php. And you might want to change the buttons ;).

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 17. Jul 2014, 00:14 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
This 2 big buttons actually do exist but they are designed for the Wii. So only if a Wii is detected they are shown. But you could fake this by setting this variable to true.

set $wii=true; at the bottom of inc/setbrowser.inc.php. And you might want to change the buttons ;).

Best, Michael

Great, that works like a charm. Yes, the buttons don't exactly fit my theme. :) Thanks again!

PostPosted: 17. Jul 2014, 09:15 
Site Admin

;). But they look good on a Wii.