Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 20:13

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Empty title (caption)
PostPosted: 29. Jun 2014, 07:46 

I'd like to have some pictures with title (caption) and some other without any title. For this reason, I can't just deactivate the title. I'm importing my pictures from cameras with Dropbox, which names them "2014-06-23 14.23.34.jpg).

2 questions:
- Where to configure that this is a "camera" name, and not a valid title ?
- How can I leave a picture without title (or blank) ?

Thanks.

BTW, congrat for this nice gallery !!

PostPosted: 29. Jun 2014, 12:26 
Site Admin

See the following options:

$show_captions = true; // (true/false) you can hide the menu element to enter a caption
$autodetect_filenames_as_captions=true; // (true/false) if true the filename is taken as caption if the filename contains less then $autodetect_filenames_as_captions_number numbers (e.g. Hello. jpg is o.k, CIM12345.jpg is not). if false - filenames are not used;
$remove_x_chars_from_filename=0; // (Number) If you use filenames as captions and want to use a prefix for sorting you can set the number of chars that are not displayed from the filename (e.g. if you set it to 3 '12_name' is displaded as 'name')
$autodetect_filenames_as_captions_number=99; // (Number) If you set $autodetect_filenames_as_captions = true you can set the number of numbers that are allowed in a filename that it is used as caption. e.g. setting this to 3 means 3 numbers are allowed in a filename to be used as a default caption - if a filename has 4 numbers it is not used as default. By default the number is now really high (99 is like: use it always) so that you have to reduce this number to not use camera names like CIM12345.jpg.

$autodetect_filenames_as_captions_number can be uses to detect camera names.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 29. Jun 2014, 15:00 

Thanks Michael,
Should I put that in config.php or my_config.php ?
Thanks so much for your help !

PostPosted: 29. Jun 2014, 21:18 
Site Admin

my_config.php if you use this file. Otherwise in the free text field in the administration. (This also uses my_config.php but alsi set an extra field that I can read the settings again).

Never config.php because each update does include this file.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 30. Jun 2014, 01:13 

Yes, I'm sorry having asked the question...
Thanks