Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 14:15

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 1. Aug 2012, 20:19 

I got the notification emails working for new comments and ratings. If a user registers their email address, an email is also sent. However, if I go to the Administration section, to Admin Email, and manually send a notification about new pictures, no emails are ever received by the registered users. I can view all the users email addresses by clicking "Click here for a list of subscribers" and after clicking "Send" I get a confirmation page telling me the message was sent, but nobody receives an email. I checked spam folders of some of my own accounts that I have registered, and nothing is getting caught up there.

Has anybody ever had this issue or know why the Send Notification Email doesn't work?

PostPosted: 2. Aug 2012, 20:30 

:(
Well I thought notifications were working for the ratings and comments. However, as it turns out, it is only send emails to the admin account, but none of the registered users.

I'm running TWG version 1.8.8, and I'm running the site on 1and1's Business Linux package.. and I have $enable_email_sending=true;

Emails are sent to the admin and emails are initially sent to users when they register letting them know that they are registered. However, notifications about comments and ratings are only sent to the admin account. In addition, the manual admin email that can be sent to users notifying them of updates to the gallery also doesn't work.

Has anybody ever gotten this to work?

PostPosted: 3. Aug 2012, 12:21 
Site Admin

Sure.

I did just some testing on 3 servers. But it is really server dependent.
On one of my server it works fine. On the other one the "From" is not set properly. There the e-mail of the server is used.
And on the 3rd I have the same behavior that I con only send the e-mails to the admin.

I think I'll add a new implementation to support smtp servers as well. I might have some time tonight to do some tests.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 5. Aug 2012, 16:05 

Thanks Mike... your awesome. 8)

PostPosted: 6. Aug 2012, 12:08 
Site Admin

I'll add smtp support to the TFU uploader first because there I only have 1 e-mail. If it works properly there I will migrate this to TWG as well.

I'm pretty busy right now and have 3 weeks off where I'm away. So I'm not sure when this will be done.

Best, Michael