Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 01:22

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Geo tagging
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2009, 17:59 

Does TWG support geotagging? If so, in what sense? I haven't found any reference to geotagging in any of the forums or in any of the feature lists, etc. I looked pretty hard because wikipedia lists TWG as supporting the feature (see wikipedia photo gallery comparison).

If TWG does not support geo tagging, and if my photos are all geo-tagged when uploaded to TWG (geo tagged with MS Pro Photo Tools--which I assume stores the data in XMP), and if TWG supports geotagging in the future (will it?), then will it be possible extract the information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2009, 18:43 
Site Admin

Hi - yes it does.

If geo information can be extracted from the image in the 'info' you get the geo data + a link which will call google maps with the geo data.

I don't have it somewhere in the demos because I don't have a camera which has gps. I only have test images but I don#t use them on my demos because of maybe legal issues...

You can send me one of your images and I can check if they work.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Nov 2009, 19:16 
Site Admin

your php needs to have exif_read_data for geotagging to work.

It does look like this:

- Michael

Post subject: Re: Geo tagging /TWG 187
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2012, 16:29 

Hi,

just was looking for this feature too as I use my Iphone whith GPS Tagging.
I was surprised because it does not work on my Website and checked with the provider if there is something blocked with gettting the GPS Data from Picture and the PHP Exif Reader. And surprise again on the build in Webgallery of the hosted Server it works but not on TWG. The Supporter gave me an hint with php log fiules regarding the exif.inc.php where is in line an Function called GPSVersion. This does not work as it should for my site and I have changed following line to get back the GPS Data in "Info" with google Maps link:
Left sie is original and right site is the change I did.
This trick may help others, hopefully. For check goto http://www.axet.de/ASCMEDIA/index.php?t ... G_1270.JPG

cheers
Alex

Attachments:
File comment: Get GPS Data back on TWG
TWG_Get_GPS_Back.jpg
TWG_Get_GPS_Back.jpg [ 32.81 KiB | Viewed 5418 times ]

Post subject: Re: Geo tagging
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2012, 23:53 
Site Admin

Thanks,

I will check this and will integrate this into the next version.

Did you get any error messages with the original version? This would be helpful to find a generic solution.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 9. Jan 2012, 01:58 

Hi,

no I got no error and also not in the php error log nor in the_mydebug.out. I use on my own Test server to repeat this issue but no result. How the supporter has seen an error I don't know he pointed me the the exif.inc.php and the th value "gpsversion"

I personal tink the lines must look like this:
if (isset($rawexif['GPS']['GPSLongitude']) && isset($rawexif['GPS']['GPSLatitude']))
{
$exif_data['GPSVersion'] = $rawexif['GPS'];

Reference:
http://www.quietless.com/kitchen/extrac ... ogle-maps/
Phil Harvey Exif Tutorials -> http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
To test or Geo Tag your Pics try http://www.geosetter.de/ and download the portable version. (before first use create an config.ini in app folder, update the exiftool and also read careful the JPEG settings )

cheers
Alex

PS: Happy new year and hope 2012 will not like the movie 2012 :-)

PostPosted: 10. Jan 2012, 12:19 
Site Admin

Hi,

I have checked the changes.
I have tested the change with my test images and the images of my Samsung S2.
Both work fine now. So I will integrate the changes in the next version.

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 10. Jan 2012, 17:11 

Hi,
just made an full new Gallery without an chnaged exif.inc.php.
It works now. Don't ask me why. I have check the exif reader settings for PHP on all my Test and Live environments and all the same.
I don't know if the TEWG update procedure I do is good because I always upload the files as it and overwrite the files. Check fpor my customizations and thats it.

right now I have compl. re-created my Online Gallery and all with my changes for UI.
I leave the settings for GPS as below because this makes sence for me.
if (isset($rawexif['GPS']['GPSLongitude']) && isset($rawexif['GPS']['GPSLatitude']))
{
$exif_data['GPSVersion'] = $rawexif['GPS'];

So in general I need to always clean up the TWG compl. and update like an fresh install.

cheers
Alex

PostPosted: 10. Jan 2012, 17:51 
Site Admin

The part you posted is different again (but exactly how I have it now).

GPSLongitude
and
GPSLatitude

has to be set. But not GPSVersion. Because this is actually not set on my smartphone either.

I just checked 2 of my images. There it is called GPSVersionID. So maybe this has changed. But actually I only use this as a flag.

And about updating. there is no db. So overwriting all files and cleaning the cache should work fine. Because I did not change the structure of the xml files since 1.6.

- Michael

PostPosted: 10. Jan 2012, 17:55 
Site Admin

And because my smartphone does now also support geo tagging I will also write a gps plugin for TWG.
So that you cannot only click in the info but already display the may in TWG directly.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 10. Jan 2012, 18:42 

Hi,

will be happy to see an Google Map link with the Image directly.
Regarding the update topic I a bit frustrated with my Hoster, because Cache for FTP uploads crash sometimes and a recovery of previous files runs automatically in the bg. Only the Customer is not informed that leaves me to think about a change of Server Hoster. :twisted: (see post regarding javascript error).

Regarding GPS Data from JPEG Files. I recommend to visit the Web Page from Phil Harvey and also use geosetter. This tool can help you to find out a lot about Pic Exif and IPTC Data.

Alex