Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:26

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2. Sep 2011, 14:43 

Hi,
I have searched through all the FAQs and forums and tried various combinations of settings but cannot find a way to have the small pictures on the overview/gallery pages to be 'aspect ratio'. I do not want square images which cut off parts of the real image.
Each time a user logs on I want them to see different examples from each gallery, so I don't want to have a 'fixed' image for each gallery.

Please can you help? :?

PostPosted: 2. Sep 2011, 19:54 
Site Admin

Like here?

http://www.tinywebgallery.com/demo2/

The config for demo2 is included in the download in the examples folder.
It a simple parameter in the config which is available in the administration as well.

disable clipped images.

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 2. Sep 2011, 23:39 

Hi Michael
thanks for this. I had tried the settings you advise, without success, although I had not seen the example demo so looking at that has helped solve the mystery.... it (sort of) works provided I remove the settings I'd put in for
$autocreate_folder_image=true; and $autocreate_folder_image_recursive = true;

So provided I specify a folder.png for the top level album, and let it pick the first image in albums with images, then the aspect ratio works ok.

I can see that your demo is selecting images (random or topx?)from the folder(s) below, without use of the 'autocreate' fields it seems as I can't see these in your my_config.php.demo2 file, so please can you help me understand how I acheive this? I need users to see different images each time they come to the site.

Many thanks
Carol

PostPosted: 3. Sep 2011, 08:25 
Site Admin

do you have images in all folders? because an image without folder.png can only be displayed if there are images. And then you can decide which way they are displayed (random, fade...).

- Michael

PostPosted: 3. Sep 2011, 12:01 

Hi Michael,
I appreciate your help with this.
For some folders I have multiple images in the folder, and I have the setting for $use_random_image_for_folder=true; so why is it always slecting the same image.

For folders without images, I would like it to randomly select an image from the sub-folders to show as the folder image.

To clean up my install and retest this.....I have deleted all the temp/cache files as per your FAQs and checked the debug file. Even deleted one of my picture folders and started again with a new folder containing 5 images. I can now get it to randomly select two out of the 5 images in the folder for the 'folder image', but even then its picking the same image 99% of the time. Anywhere else that I can look to solve the problem?

Carol

PostPosted: 3. Sep 2011, 19:30 
Site Admin

for folder with images there should be a random image if you don't have a folder.png created automatically.

for the ones without you can only recursively select a folder image. There is no random implemented because this would mean to go through all folders where the performance would be bad.

- Michael