Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 23:16

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 5. Apr 2011, 01:11 

Admitted newbie...

Using osx...
Can't login through the front end with any created users or admin... Backend admin works fine...

No errors in counter debug out file...

I thought it might have something to do with my session path... Info.php says it's working....
I can see the session entries in the dir specified for the session dir

When I attempt a login from the front end... It just takes me to a login prompt again... If I intentionally enter an incorrect use/ pswd it prompts as an incorrect usr/ pswd.

Only oddity I have seen is that info.php report session.save_ path as working but installation check does not say working in green but just displays the path.

I even went as far as intentionally inducing an error to create an counter debug entry by changing the permissions on the session path.... Sure enough I got errors in debug.... I changed the permissions back... Now no errors but I still cant login through front end....

I have tried a variety of user configs including admin through front end some with home directory "." and show hidden =yes

I'm stuck.

PostPosted: 5. Apr 2011, 01:27 
Site Admin

you can simply start with the login that works in the administration. This should work fin in the frontend as well.

If the session would be the problem normally you would fail to login in the backend as well.
Maybe this is a basedir restriction of your server.

Can you look into the server log files?

- Michael

PostPosted: 5. Apr 2011, 21:57 

no recent entries in ./apache2/error.log
I can see the GET... /i_login.php requests in access.log nothing seems wrong there.

Still no errors in the TWG error.out

I did add a private.txt file to see what would happen... as expected the prompmt change asking for a gallery pswd... once you enter that it just prompts you again for the gallery pswd... enter an incorrect pswd and the prompt indicated wrong pswd... similar behavior as the login problem without the private.txt

This installation is on a development box so I have complete access to the system...

I checked the permissions on the basedir everything looks good... the demo functionality is fine accept login...

Out of desperation I ran chmod 777 on the entire apache documents directory just to see what would happen... I restarted apache... same behavior

Are there any additional log files I can check?

PostPosted: 6. Apr 2011, 10:13 
Site Admin

in the counter folder you get a _twg.log for each login call.

- Michael

PostPosted: 6. Apr 2011, 15:31 

No errors in _twg.out

Each bounce back login attempt generates the following:

Ex. 04.06.2011 8:15:39 (en) - Login: (IP: 192.168.76.219) admin

The above example entry is the result of attempting to use the functioning admin usr/pswd in a front-end login... After entering the usr/pswd I am not prompted that the usr/pswd is incorrect instead I a page refresh occurs with only the login framework visible centered top aligned on the page prompting...

"please enter username/password, to use the extended features:"

A second login attempt from this point generates an identical entry in _twg.out

But the prompt changes to just two boxes for the user name and password without the " please enter..." text...

Any further login attempts from this point just forces a page refresh with the same login prompt without any prompt text.

PostPosted: 6. Apr 2011, 16:01 
Site Admin

This output means that the login was o.k.

So it really seems that the information about this is not stored in the session.

what you can do is to write the content of the session to the debug file. Then you see what is happening.

- Michael