Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 14:19

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21. Jan 2011, 19:19 

Just installed twg (1.8.3) . I did a search and didn't find a match

trying to install it. I use yahoo hosting, and it doesn't allow filenames to begin with a period.

Needless to say the install did not go well. I can get to the admin screen, but get an error complaining about the .htaccess file is not there, and I can't get into it.

Is there a workaround to not using the .htaccess file, or is this a case where twg won't run on yahoo's hosting?

Thanks

Paul

PostPosted: 22. Jan 2011, 10:26 
Site Admin

are you sure it is the hoster?

I just cheked their site and they tell to run apache webservers - and files starting by a . are standard there.
Are you sure you have uploaded all files (I think you miss the .htusers.php and not the .htaccess because .htaccess is no file of TWG directly).

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 22. Jan 2011, 15:34 

Any file starting with a period was not uploaded. In the zip file there are .htacess and .htuser.php files.

have run into this before. Usually the vendor says to just omit the file. Sometimes I am told I am SOL. Other than this strange issue with not having access to .htaccess (and all files starting with a period), yahoo has been a great provider all these years I have had them.

I have to ftp each directory (or file) individually and omit any files that begin with a periord, or have spaces in the filename (or modify the file to remove the space). So it takes a while to find all the offending file names when installing a product.

see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb ... ry-08.html

Yahoo wrote:
.htaccess (Hypertext Access)
The name .htaccess refers to the main configuration file for Apache, a popular open-source HTTP server. The .htaccess file can be used to create custom error pages and web page redirects, set up password protection, enable SSI, and more. Yahoo! does not currently allow you to upload .htaccess files to your account. For other customization options, we recommend the Custom Error Pages and password-protection features available in your Web Hosting Control Panel.

and http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb ... tp-04.html

Yahoo wrote:
Before you upload, please note that the names of your files should contain only upper- or lowercase letters, numbers, underscores, dashes, and periods, and cannot begin with a period. If a file name includes special characters, you may see an error when you upload or try to view it.

I did get TWG running without the file.. sorta... http://seeberg.com/tiny/twg183/index.php? but can't get to the admin page. Not sure if this is due to the missing .htaccess/htusers or something else.

PostPosted: 22. Jan 2011, 17:56 
Site Admin

Then look for .htusers.php in my code an replace it with e.g. htusers.php and rename the .htuser.php to htuser.php

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 22. Jan 2011, 18:59 

good idea.. i will try that.

Is there any security issue by renaming it without the period?

I have lots of other questions.. but will search/start new threads later..

PostPosted: 22. Jan 2011, 23:51 
Site Admin

.ht files are automatically protected by apache. If you like the same security it seems you can do this diretly in the yahoo config... But normally this is no problem because even calling this files directly does not produce any output.

- Michael