Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:03

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems with url.txt
PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 15:45 

Hi there,

I'm using the new version 1.8.3 and I was happy with the supported url.txt. But somehow it's not 100% working.
I have my twg install at /srv/http/twg but my directory of media is below the root at /media/disk/photo/
So I created a link on /srv/http/home that is linking to my media disk.
In the pictures folder of twg i created url.txt with following statement: ../../home/
This is working for only pictures that I have directly in this folder.It does not show the folder itself and also I don't see the subdirectories. What I did is play around with the link and deleted the photos in the first folder. But then nothing shows... If i put in the directory in browser its working fine. Can you help me to figure this out.??

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 16:18 
Site Admin

url.txt ist not recursive. You always have to have the full directory structure in the pictures dir.
If you delete and add you maybe have to update the twg cache.

TWG does cache the directory content and the detection is done by checkin the directory data. With an url.txt the update is not triggered. simply update the cache by clicking on the bandwidth icon (or wait - it is refreshed every 4 hours.)

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 16:23 

Hi thx for the quick answer. So if I understand you right i have to put an empty directory in the pictures folder with similar txt to the actual data folder and put an url.txt in there??? So if I have 5 photo folders e.g. 1,2,3,4,5 i als have to create 5 folders in the picture directory with all url.txt files in each folder?
If that's the case, any new photo's will not be updated and i have about 100 folders....

oh about to forget....the most important thing is why it's not showing as a folder in the main page. It just pulls out all the pictures. If that's fixable i'm ok with it...

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 16:44 
Site Admin

why don't you simply change the basedir?

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 16:49 

yes that would be a neat trick... but unfortunately it's not possible. It's actually a masterpiece that i've created and the media folder is a external disk.... this one isn't capable to change permissions on unix cause its vfat. but I can reach it and do a whole bunch of other things with it.

Right now the error log is given me: ERROR 2 in /srv/http/foto/inc/filefunctions.inc.php, line 1085: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given

I would be happy if it only shows me the folder instead of taken all the pictures out in homepage.

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:00 
Site Admin

you have entered ../../home as basedir?

The reset error shows that no listing could be read.

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:21 

I've put ../../home/Foto/Italie/ in the url.txt and the link for home is /media/Verbatim/Foto.

Now it shows the pictures in the frontpage and not as a folder with pictures in it...

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:31 
Site Admin

if you change the basedir you don't have to use url.txt (which is avtually nor really supportet in the main dir)

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:39 

Yes I would love that but it's because of the permissions that i can't. I cannot change the base directory and use twg. Already tried but it gave me 3 errors about files that need write permission.

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:55 
Site Admin

with basedir I don't mean the root directory of TWG. I mean in the config where "pictures" is defined as image dir.

which error do you get - because TWG only need write access to the pictures dir for certain actions...

- Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2011, 17:59 

Ok that's it!! working fine now . Thanks!!