Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 16:56

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Marking the images
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2006, 10:04 
Hello,

First I have to say this is really an amazing script. I was looking for something to make a gallery and it is simply fantastic. But I would like to modify a little thing if it is possible:

I'm using TWG to build a gallery with the photos of a trip I have made, but putting the photos altogether is quite a mess, because there are some "serious ones" with monuments and landscapes etc, and others "funny ones" with me and my friends having strange behaviours and doing funny things.

So I have thought that it would be perfect if I could mark the images, for example in the same gallery I add a red border to the funny photos and a blue border to the serious ones, or something like that (for example two different watermarks overlay, or giving a different colour to the cell background of the table of the images...)

I hope what I'm asking is clear because I'm italian, thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2006, 10:32 
Site Admin

ups - how should twg know which image is what?

watermarks could be a solution -
you only have to modify a couple of calls to do that -

maybe a prefix ?
or only a different border color ....

depends where you want to mark them.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2006, 17:10 
Hello, using a prefix would not be good because it would affect the image order (I suppose images are ordered alphabetically).

I think I could use different extensions (i.e. jpg and jpeg). I've also tried this quite empiric method:

$other_file_formats=array("JPEG" => "buttons/wm_funny.png"

but this is not what i'm looking for because the watermark appears not only in the gallery preview but also when the image is shown. In addiction I don't like watermarks for what I'm trying to do, I think a border or a cell coloured backgorund wold be better. Eventually I might use as watermark an image of a border of the same size of the preview, so it would appear like a border, but I have to find the way to show it only in the preview and not when the single image is shown

Could you help me?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Mar 2006, 12:15 
Site Admin

good idea with the watermark ;).

but not to get it on the big images you would have to change some code.
Problem i that thumbs and small images are created by the same function - you would have to make a "switch" inside his function - inc/imagefunctions.inc.php -> generatesmall .... line 216 ff.
you can use the size as switch - see a few lines above - I do this there for the normal watermark in the other direction.

/michael