Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 09:52

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20. Aug 2006, 12:37 

Hello,

I am using videostreaming and I came across the following problem/issue.

When you use (windows) media player streaming your program tries to create wvx files (windows media player playlist file). But when you tighten the security the files are not created because you don't have write permission.

This file has to be created only once and after that it is good. So to fix the problem is not a big thing (give premission, create file, take away the permission or create by hand).

I don't think this is most user friendly sollution.

By the way what is the reason to use wvx file instead of using straight away the wmv file?

With kind regards,

Hugo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Aug 2006, 00:22 
Site Admin

php only need this permission. You can link very easz directly to the file too. onlz 2 small changes.

and yes - there is a good reason. With this file on the right server wmp does streaming - with direct link it never does.

/Michael

Post subject: Meaning?
PostPosted: 25. Aug 2006, 21:00 

I do not understand complete what you mean can please clarify it little but more for me?

I'm using IIS6 and I don't know what you exactly mean by only the PHP user needs the rights?
IIS6 runs under a user so I have to give this user the right to write in the picture directory, I don't have a special PHP user?

And what do you mean by linking directly to the file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Sep 2006, 18:09 
Site Admin

Hi,

then it's the user IIS6 is running - if this user has the right to write to this folder it's fine!

you can change TWG very easy not to use the playlist file but the video file directly - I maybe even will add a switch for this in 1.6!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Sep 2006, 19:07 

I find to give write permission to the iis user a little bit much. It only needs to create one time the wvx file after that read permission is enough.

I will create the file manual.

An option to link directly to the original file wil be appreciated.
Is it not possible to create the wvx file in the cache directory? Or is this not the way to do it.

Thanks for the help so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 5. Sep 2006, 09:09 
Site Admin

Hi,

I alread added this to 1.5.1

$linktowvx

Using the cache folder does not work properly with all browsers - i had these file in the cache first and then Firefox was working fine but IE needs to have the file in the same location as the video - Microsoft ....

/Michael

Post subject: Much appreciated
PostPosted: 3. Oct 2006, 20:30 

Thank you, your help was much appreciated.

And indeed I find at least one proxy server (novell bordermanager) who didn't stream the video files if you link directly to it, but with the wvx files didn't have any problem.