Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 23:51

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27. Aug 2009, 23:02 

Dear Understanding Michael :)

My needs are simple.... I want everything.... :)

I just purchased the "Source code + Enterprise Edition" Joomla 1.5.14 and the install went fine. Trying to figure out how to setup my environment.

I have users that need to upload documents to their personal clients. And clients only need to see (download) their files.

I have made 3 group id's

Group ID = upload : Profile Name = staff
Group ID = download : Profile Name = clients
Group ID = nofiles : Profile Name No access

I have set the correct group Id in the "Menu Item Manager" I used Mode "Group ID" and the " Id (mandatory)" I used the name of the group

When I login as the "staff" I can upload to the correct "client" folder, but if I login as the "client" I don't see any files to download.

And if I login as a "client" I cant seem to be able to remove the option of "add files" I dont want the option of clients to add or delete files. For that matter is there a way to remove the "Upload Queue" ?

Also how can I either remove this MSG

"You have not specified a valid profile or group id in the parameters at the menu item you created for JFU or for your plugin. For the menu item you have to do this on the right side where basic parameters can be entered. Please enter a valid id there. For more information click on the 'Help' button of JFU and read 'How to use the Joomla Flash Uploader in the front end'. If you use a group id please make sure that you have a default profile in this group."

Or re-write it?

and yes I read the docs as best as I can :(

Thanks...... way in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Aug 2009, 23:43 
Site Admin

you have 3 profiles -

Set the groupid to thesame value for all and enter this value for the menu.
Then assign the users that should be staff to the staff profile.
And for the client profile use master profile - then each client gets is own directory.
And you actually don't need a 3rd profile - simply set the menu item for registered users only.

In the profile for the users you can remove all allowed file extensions - then the upload queue will be hidden and only a download is possible.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Aug 2009, 01:00 

thanks! Now makes more sense...... I would suggest that your docs have working examples......

The package is GREAT..... I will leave a vote at joomla. Again.... thanks!

Another Note..... Is is possible that I can set the files to delete themselves after so many days? and if so.... maybe per client?

If not.... that is my wish list...... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Aug 2009, 07:12 
Site Admin

Hi,

video tutorials are in progress right now ;).

you would have to hava a kind of cron job that triggers the deletion. In TWG I have a cleanup function you could use as base and adopt for yourself.

- Michael