Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 13:08

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions before buy
PostPosted: 10. Mar 2013, 23:40 

The server today is so slow i can't watch the video and the screenshot.. i try to load the extension the speed is about 3-5k/s.

I would like to use this system on a website for a client of mine that want to allow his clients to upload and manage their own forms (mostly pdf files) only the user and the owner of the website can see this file is a matter of privacy. Actually i found only your component that support JOOMLA 3.0. But before buy it i would like to see a demo of it thats works. Limited or not its a matter to see if it will do correctly the job for my client and can be implent into his template without any problem.

The features im looking for is allow each user to upload their personal files for my clients in front-end and allow the "master" to allow each user to download specifed files "into each users folders" so only the user and owner can see it.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Questions before buy
PostPosted: 11. Mar 2013, 01:03 
Site Admin

Hi,

then I think you found the right component ;).

But I'm not sure what you mean with
"and allow the "master" to allow each user to download specifed files "into each users folders" so only the user and owner can see it."

specified is the word you have to make clear. The rights in JFUploader are folder based. So if a user has right to go to a folder he can e.g. download files from there. I the configuration you can define e.g. the allowed extensions and so on but there is nothing like in folder a file x can be downloaded by xx and file y can be downloaded by yy.
If you like this you have to give each user his own folder.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2013, 01:12 

yes but the master can input file into user folder

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2013, 01:24 
Site Admin

This is no problem at all because you can define a different profile for each user.

For you actually a setup like this can be interesting.
the admin has one profile.
the users have a profile with master mode. this means they get a diretory based e.g. on the username or login created automatically.
this 2 profiles are in one JFU group.

So you have then one menu entry where depending on the login the user gets his folder or the admin goed to the folder above and can mange all folders below.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2013, 02:09 

is there a way to create a new account in same time as in the joomla registration is done? or it has to be manually done by the admin each time an account is create

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2013, 10:29 
Site Admin

you can use master profiles. Then a new directory is created then the user uses JFUploader the first time.
If you like that the folder is created when the user is created you have to modify the Joomla registration.

Best, Michael