Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 23. Apr 2024, 08:25

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Master Profile Question
PostPosted: 19. Feb 2009, 20:17 

Im interested in getting your software however I need to make sure im able to do the following as I cant figure it out currently. I have the Master Profile set to on and the Master profile directory mode set to login so that when the user uploads any files it goes into their folder. However I need it so they can create a new folder in their own folder.

Currently the way it works I have Hide remote view on so that people cant delete website files. I need to so people can upload files in a folder that they create for each job they are uploading. When they click create folder it currently places the folder in the /public_html/ folder rather then the /public_html/orders/<login name> Please let me know if I can do what I need so that I can purchase he software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Feb 2009, 20:23 
Site Admin

why have you hidden remote view? You can simply disable delete.

About the creation of files. It should exactly work like you described. It should not create the folder in the public folder.

i'll check this on my server and let you know.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Feb 2009, 20:28 
Site Admin

I just tested.

How can you create folders when the remote view is hidden? Then this buttons are not available.

I tested with enable folder creation and rename and disabled folder delete and file delete. I created a folder and it was created as subdirectory of my user directory.

Therefore it should work fine.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Feb 2009, 20:43 

I keep remote view closed otherwise it shows my entire site on there which I dont want them to see. They only need to see their folder as it is being used for them to upload artwork for us to print. So they need to only see their folder. As for my end...like I said when they create a folder it says that the folder was made and indeed it is created however their folder still shows it as being empty because it was placed in the public_html area rather then the specified folder.

Your more then welcome to make an account at www.southgatedesign.com and click the file upload on the left to see it for yourself. Also if you wouldnt mind, you could call me at the office. My number is 561 434 3433 Ext 9782, my name is Jonathan.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Feb 2009, 00:41 
Site Admin

You somehow have not the right configuration.

Because if you have setup this right then the user ONLY sees his folder. Nothing else! Otherwise master profiles would not make sense.

And in master profiles you normally never see the whole site. What have you entered at the upload directory. I'm really interested in your setup.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Feb 2009, 16:20 

If I gave let you log into the backend could you take a look for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Feb 2009, 16:38 
Site Admin

send a pm.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Feb 2009, 17:38 

PM sent