Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 20. Apr 2024, 07:17

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Start...
PostPosted: 30. Mar 2010, 21:33 

Well I would hardly call doing something with the CGI as "first" lol.

I've been able to get the uploader as far as uploading large files but then errors out so it doesn't actually get to the server...

The uploader flashes the message about large files taking some time to get to the server...but immediately went to the http-500 error.

I installed the role on IIS you suggested and that's where it was stating there was a CGI timeout issue...not sure on the exact error right now as I don't have the log infront of me...

It seems the next step is to fix that issue...hopefully I'll be able to do that and get the large file to upload.

So far what I have done is remove the filtering role all together...then we adjusted the timeouts for uploading files in IIS...

That's what allowed us to make it to the end of the file size but then receive this http-500 error which seems to be due to an issue with CGI

Post subject: CGI
PostPosted: 30. Mar 2010, 21:38 

I would like to add there were very few options for CGI going through IIS.

One of them however was a timeout...we increased the timeout and still receive the same issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Mar 2010, 23:36 
Site Admin

are you getting error messages now in iss with the changed settings?

- Michael

Post subject: Yes...
PostPosted: 31. Mar 2010, 04:52 

Yes as I mentioned in my last post we are still receiving the same error....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Mar 2010, 08:54 
Site Admin

I mean only the error 500 or still something in your error log/phperror log?

- Michael

Post subject: Trying this now...
PostPosted: 31. Mar 2010, 21:32 

Well my partner and I have decided that we are going to rebuild the server and use Apache....I'll let you know.

Post subject: Yes...
PostPosted: 1. Apr 2010, 18:25 

Yes we were still getting the 500 error as before...

Also the apache thing did not work out for me....brought the page back up from image on IIS so I'm still at the same road block...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Apr 2010, 03:30 
Site Admin

If you still get a 500 apache should at least tell you why. Do you have maybe a firewall/proxy before that kills the connection after a certain time?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Apr 2010, 19:59 

Never even got Joomla to work with apache...was wasting my time. It wouldn't connect to the database....instead of figuring out that I thought I'd go back to my IIS load and just figure out the FCGI issue...

Also I have ensured items are allowed through the inbound and outbound of my firewall...such as the php-cgi.exe...

Actually I'm going to check and see if I installed a non threaded version of PHP and see if when I installed that I selected it for IIS FastCGI....I think this could be an issue..

I was trying to test it out on a "non production" server but apparently can't as your license doesn't allow me to do so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Apr 2010, 20:44 
Site Admin

has it a different domain? if you need a license for the test server please contact me by e-mail...

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Apr 2010, 07:33 

Thanks for the offer to allow me to use a license on a test server :-D i appreciate it.

I won't be needing it though it looks like...

When we set out to build the page months ago the main concern was getting Joomla working and a page built...then the uploader.

Well the filtering you had us install pointed us to CGI...

Back when I installed PHP I probably didn't pick the IIS FastCGI option...

Anyway turns out that FastCGI wasn't configured to look at the php-cgi.exe file....

Configured that....

Tried the upload...and...it worked.

So we removed application request filtering all together and increased the timeout on IIS and the timeout for CGI then configured the CGI...

Looks like it will work now.

I can give you more details at a later time when both my partner and I can write it up as we both worked on different areas of this...

Thanks for all your help and actually great support (sorry for the frustration ever now and then)...however I didn't get fed up simply because you were helping and you do have an awesome product that does everything I want it to do. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Apr 2010, 07:47 

Also figured out why joomla wouldn't install on Apache for me the other day...thought I'd just add this in.

On the test server I had the same issue even with IIS so it wasn't a blame on apache...

Anyway instead of localhost I put in the IP address of the machine I was using....it was able to connect to the SQL database and install.

Dont' know why I had to do that and why two machines gave me the same issue as I never had to do that before with installing joomla.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Apr 2010, 09:43 
Site Admin

Ole ;).

I would be cool if you write together whats the correct settings you did and I will be more than happy to make a special howto for IIS. I think this will help other users too.

- Michael