Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 03:44

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: JFU Installation Problem
PostPosted: 24. Feb 2010, 12:29 

I have installed JFU (jfu_2107_J15) with partial success, when I go to the upload page in the component I get "You are trying to use the TWG Upload Flash without authentication, the server login failed, expired or the configuration could not be found!" I have looked around the forum and tried the usual uninstall/install - re-download and changing Folder/File permissions (in cpanel & JoomlaXplorer and set them to 755), but still get the same error... I am running Joomla 1.5.15 with legacy 1.0 enabled... I've checked Help > System Info and Safe Mode is Off, File Uploads is On, Directory Permissions are all Writable. Server PHP is version 5.2.12 and Apache/2.2.14 on Unix. Also under Site > Global Configs : Session Handler is None and Enable Flash Uploader is Yes.

When I go into the Flash Uploader settings in the Component the following cautions are in the Upload Folder description : 1. The folder does exist and is writeable. 2. The folder is not writeable. Maybe safe mode restrictions apply or the folder has to few permissions. 3. The folder cannot be found.

The config file is in the administrator/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php folder and is 755

I'm at a loss to find the reason as the system info and config tells me otherwise.

Any help would be uppreciated.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Feb 2010, 13:48 
Site Admin

can you call the config file directly?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Feb 2010, 14:03 

Thanks for the quick reply Michael... when I put in the address bar
.../administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php
I get a 404 file not found...

In the mean time I've been testing on xampp localhost and had some success in it working - I had to rename the configuration.php.dist file to just configuration.php and fill in the Database details in that...

I am able to call .../administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php in the localhost and highlighted I get
Max resize resolution (GDlib): ~ 1365 x 1025
Image magick support: Not available (or test could not be performed!)

In the Flash Uploader component settings the magick support is on "convert"

Could it be that my Joomla configuration isn't correct and I need to change to the one I have fixed for the localhost - would that have cause the Authentication failure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Feb 2010, 21:27 
Site Admin

looks like.

First this is that you have to be able to call the tfu_login.php directly.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Feb 2010, 22:09 

Thanks for the reply Michael... in the localhost world I could only get as far as add files then the upload button wouldn't work - flash would freeze.

I've emailed my server admin to double check the php.ini file (don't have access) as everything on the php info in joomla indicates all folders are writeable and other settings like upload_size etc should make the component work... Hopefully hear form them soon and all will be fixed.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2010, 00:25 
Site Admin

Which operating system and which flash version do you use?

I have only heard about freezine upload buttons with linux an some Flash versions.

Opening the file dialog is an iternal function. So most of the time updating flash to the lastest version is a good option.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2010, 09:56 

Hi Michael...

I've just updated to flash player 10 and re-launched firefox 3.6... using mac osx 10.6.2 (snow leopard) and my hosting server is Unix with cgi to php not apache to php which I believe is recommend for joomla... and still getting the TWG authentication error.. I have also noticed that in the template manager some of the css is unwrittable along with the html index and the param.ini files - maybe it is a server permissions issue... I have not heard back from them yet and will put another ticket into them tonight...

Thanks for your help so far...

another interesting note is that when I checked again with the website on my localhost I discovered the upload worked with safari... but not with firefox???

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2010, 17:12 

Hi Michael... I've just had a quick look at the tfu_config & tfu_login php files... I haven't set anything in there yet and seeing as I am getting an authentication error do I need to set some of the variables in there?

Are you able to help me with setting the session variable in the login.php if I set $login = 'auth' ? - looking at phpMyAdmin and the jos_session table could I use session_id as the variable.

Thanks in advance....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Feb 2010, 18:33 
Site Admin

have a look?

First this is that you have to be able to call the tfu_login.php directly.
From the browser!

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Feb 2010, 03:01 

Hi Michael,

Sorry for not getting back quicker... I can call the tfu_login.php file - opened a new blank tab in FireFox & Safari and typed the path to the tfu_login.php file and I get the home page for the website... what I have actually done with the site is have a public home page and then people need to login or register to get access to the rest of the website...

From the little I know of sessions and reading the comments in the config & login files I need to start a session in the config file then have an isset check in the login file... but probably need to have a nudge in the right direction - I'm hoping that is why I am getting the authentication error...

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Mar 2010, 10:09 

Hi Michael, been looking more into this and it appears I am completetly missing the .htusers.php file from the joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/ folder - I'm guessing that's where username & passwords go to be authenticated by the tfu_login.php file... when I go to the flash uploader the status is loading tfu_login.php and then it errors with the authentication...

I have done a few uninstall/reinstalls... can I generate my own htusers.php file (can you give an example of what the coding looks like in it) or does it need to be system generated?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Mar 2010, 21:15 
Site Admin

this file is normally not used for Joomla. Maybe the login fails because it does not exist at all.

Are you sure the file is really missing? . files are not shown on some operating systems.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2010, 11:44 

Hi Michael,

Yes, the file is missing - I've checked the file system in the cpanel - I am able to view hidden files like .htaccess. The user has to login to joomla with the standard login module to see the upload, I've set the jfu component to registered aswell - I've set the config and login files to "true" assuming that is how it will access the session... The flash is reading the tfu_login.php when it errors...

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2010, 13:02 
Site Admin

The file is not needed.

which error do you get if you call tfu_login.php directly?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2010, 13:12 

Thanks for the quick reply Michael,

The error I get when calling the login file directly is a

Internal Server Error (500)
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

The permissions I have set through my cpanel are 777 on all files and folders in the com_joomla_flash_uploader folder...

Hope this helps...

Cheers