Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 24. Apr 2024, 14:06

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: frontend
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 03:57 

I've installed JFU multiple times before so can't imagine I'm missing anything...

We reloaded our servers and restarted the page from scratch basically...well I installed JFU component and the plugin...

I have a front end profile and I have it set as a master profile...

I created a link and put in the profile ID in the Parameters....

I added the user account I am using to access it into the frontend profile I created under the ID number I put in the links parameters...

When I go to the link I still get the error

"You have not specified a profile or group id in the parameters at the menu item you created for JFU or for your plugin. For the menu item you have to do this on the right side where basic parameters can be entered. Please enter a valid id there. For more information click on the 'Help' button of JFU and read 'How to use the Joomla Flash Uploader in the front end'."

The profile ID is configured in the menu link I created...so not really sure what's going on there.

Post subject: Just an Update
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 08:00 

I was able to get the plugin to work by creating an article and then placing the code within that article so I can have a page for the uploads...

The odd thing is, I know I've done everything correct but I still can't get the component to work for me...

If need be the plugin seems to do the job anyway...but I'm curious if there are suggestions for what has happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 17:12 
Site Admin

seems Joomla is not passing the id properly to the component. Some debugging would be needed to find out, where the problem could be...

- Michael

Post subject: At this point...
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 17:24 

At this point I'm happy with the plug-in working since it still does exactly what I want it to do....

I have a lot more to do on with the page so I guess as long as it's working I'm not too concerned.

Yeah I saw in a post where someone had a similar problem you said something about giving them a debugging "version" or something...not sure I read it the other night.

Anyway no worries...if I find I absolutely need it I think I'll stress about it then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 17:26 
Site Admin

the first thing you could check is in the html source of the page where JFU should appear - there I have a small comment before the JFU part where the 2 parameters are shown. There you see which settings are provided by Joomla.

- Michael

Post subject: Maybe later...
PostPosted: 25. Apr 2010, 23:35 

I'll take a look at that maybe at a later time.

As for now, using the plugin ontop of an article created specifically just to work with the plug-in works for me. It gives the same appearance and from what I see works the same.

If there is no downside to doing it this way as apposed to just having a link directly to the component I'm fine with it.

If I understand from what you're saying though if I could ask...you're saying when I create the link via the compenent look at the HTML file to be sure that it is in the code to use that profile ID right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I still owe you a write up of what I did to make it work for BIG files on IIS7...

I'll be sure to get that to you when I can, just want you to know I haven't forgotten...just have been busy.

I can tell you real fast some of the stuff I did...

I edited the PHP.ini (of course...as you state in your FAQ pages)
I removed request filtering all together (as with the size of files I want people to upload request filtering would not benefit as I don't want to limit them at all)
I ensured the timeout for FastCGI was high enough to handle a large upload.
I ensured that the FastCGI was configured in IIS7 (which is configured correctly when you install the non threaded version of PHP and select IISFastCGI)

That pretty much sums up how I fixed my issue of large uploads over an internet connection....before I bumped up the timeout on the FastCGI we could upload on the server which is really fast as it uses a loopback to do so...but when you did it where it would take a good period of time to upload a large file we had to up the FastCGI Timeout.

That pretty much sums up what made large uploads work on IIS7...I know a bit off topic here....but wanted to get that to you.

Really with knowing this you can probably come up with a really good write up if you loaded IIS7 on Server2008 (if you have a copy) and complete these tasks. I'd be happy though to give a more detailed description of what we did at a later date when I have time.