Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 26. Apr 2024, 11:41

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Error on
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 04:32 

Joomla 1.5.15
Just downloaded JFU today - so current version (green in status)
I got the error message " You are trying to use the TWG Flash Uplaoder without authentication, the server authentication failed,or the configuration could not be found" - This was using IE8 and when I go to
Joomla Flash Uploader ->Upload
------------------
I saw from anoher forum item to check:
.../administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php
I got the follwoing result:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ***** and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at ***** Port 80
----------------
I made the change on the main config page to set Database to None
----------------
I downloaded Flash - my computer is new, so it might no have been downloaded before - not sure how to test if it works/version
-----------------
I have a .htaccess file -- but its just the default file - i have turned on the search engine friendly urls'
-----------------
I deleted my temporary inernet files

Any help is appreciated
Also, FYI I have joomla installed in an "add-on domain" from Cpanel - haven't had any problem with this in teh past

Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to fix this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 09:09 
Site Admin

Seems you server does not allow direct access to the JFU files.

administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php

you can try to move the tfu folder to the site (can be done in the config) or you change the permissions of the files to something your server allows (see Help/limits page).

Your error is normally reported to the error log of your server. So you should take a look there.

if you get access to
administrator/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_config.php
the flash should be able too.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:09 

I used the front end to put the files in the component area - then I FTP'd to my site and looked at the files - I could see the tfu_config.php file there, Just for fun, I changed it back to see if the files would reappear in the administrator area -- they disappeared from the component area, but couldn't find the files in the admin area - not sure what's with that, so I put them back to the component area, and they were back again -- so --
we'll keep the files in the component area.

Still get the same error if I click "Upload" from the backend, and also it I try to access the tfu_config.php file directly from the URL -- I tried changing the permissions to 755 on the tft_config.php file - that didn't help - same error

I'm not sure how to look at the logs- or what that would reveal - or what else to try - why would server not allow access? What's different about this from other components?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:13 
Site Admin

Other components only access index.php and then this files reads the other files.

The Flash does need a direct access. Have you tried to move the tfu folder to the site (see config page)?

Do you have a .htaccess which e.g. disallows this?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:23 

[Tue Mar 23 08:12:37 2010] [error] [client ***********] File does not exist: /home/*****/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http:/*****/components/com_joomla_flash_uploader/tfu/tfu_210.swf?joomla=true&lang=en&session_id=dcaf3f905627685cc444534
[Tue Mar 23 08:12:37 2010] [error] [client **********] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/****/public_html/****/components" is writeable by group, referer: http://********/components/com_joomla_f ... 85cc444534

I got the error log - as above *******'d out info I wasn't sure I wanted to post - does this mean anything to you?

I do have a .htaccess file -- but its just the standard one -- that gets installed (with joomla as htaccess.txt renamed) - I just made the .htaccess file to turn on the search engine friendly url's - I have all 3 parameters in that section set to yes (mod rewrite)- I did not edit anything in the file

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:29 
Site Admin

Do you maybe have a domain redirect.

Do you have firefox with firebug?

There you can see if the flash is calling tfu_login.php - if not you maybe have the problem that the flash is not allowed to access the files.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:40 

Tried it in firefox - got a different error message:
TWG Flash Uploader requires at least Flash 8 and Javascript activated.
Please update your browser.

If this is not the reason most likely you have created the .htaccess file. Please go to the config page and remove this file because your server does not understand the configuration in .htaccess. If the flash still does not work please go the JFU website

Now I remember that I tried this yesterday, and that's what caused me to install Flash (didn't install shockwave) -- since this is a new computer, possible things aren't set up correctly

You asked about a domain redirect - not sure what you mean - this is setup as an add-on domain -- so I was concerned that maybe that interfered, but the paths in the error log seemed correct for where the files should be (they did not go the the main domain)

Firebug? I think that's installed, what do I need to do? Need to figure out how that works again.

Also - I just went and changed the .htaccess back to htaccess.txt and turned off the search engine friendly url's this didn't fix the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 15:51 
Site Admin

Open firebug (the bug in the right bottom of your status bar).

Open the Site with the flash and check if tfu_login.php is called.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 16:11 

I guess I never used firebug before - I just installed it --
not sure what to do

I went to the Upload page - and I clicked the firebug icon --
don't see it getting called, but maybe I don't know what I'm looking
for

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2010, 16:33 
Site Admin

you can pm me a link - then I'll take a look tonight.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2010, 23:00 

Haven't heard anything -- wanted to make sure you got the
details in the PM -- can you send me a PM and let me know. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2010, 23:01 
Site Admin

I did not get any pm.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Mar 2010, 04:03 

just sent pm again - if you didn't get, then I'm doing something wrong - let me know - thanks - sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Mar 2010, 08:59 
Site Admin

no pm. Use E-Mail ;).

- Michael

Post subject: JFU error
PostPosted: 24. Apr 2010, 01:11 

Still getting the same error message -- I thought it was because the website was installed in a subdomain, and the website was not active yet, so some sort of URL problem -- but now the website is live, and it still doesn't work -- you implied (in PM I think) that the host is blocking it -- but I have another joomla site hosted at the same host and it works there -- Also have trouble ticket at hosting company, but not sure what to ask them.

The other thing I thought might be the case is that the site where it works did not have SEO friendly URLs/no htaccess file -- but I just turned on the search engine friendly URL's and it still works -- same hosting account.

A also started going thru the config params and didn't see anything different that seemed like it could make a difference.