Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 24. Apr 2024, 13:22

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19. Sep 2008, 02:45 

No matter what i do i get the Error message Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site..........

I have made a new profile and used the default settings and named it group 3 with a profile name of 3 and no users mapped out. Previously I had named it photos and photos with a user mapped out but it did the same thing.

Sometimes it magically works and most of the time it just blows my site with an error message always the same one ABOVE

Please Advise

Thanks

I HAVE FOUND MY OWN WORK AROUND. WHEN YOU set up your menu item go the block "Click on, Open in" And change to " New window without browser navigation"

Because this is a blank window I was able to put in extra text instructions in the config file and make the upload flash size much bigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Sep 2008, 17:49 
Site Admin

I have never seen this error message before.

But I only include the flash - should have nothing to do how you create profiles or groups.
I can only think of that the javascript that is included is overwritten by something else - and then the error happens.

I would have to see the site then I could say more ...

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 01:06 

Hi,

I have this issue too and debuging isn't possible. The issue seams to be realated to IE and one of the components/plugins/modules. I use Joomla 1.5.8 with PHOCA Gallery, Phoca Download, JCE 1.5 latest w. Subsc. Ext, Jcal Pro 1.5.17 CD login with CD_scriptegrator and as Template Ja_Purity (org).
With FF and in the Backend it works fine.
To get it working in the Frontend once I have to delete the cache and cookies. After one time runing the Error occur again. With IE Dev Toolbar I did try to review the troubles but don't work at all because th session is closed.

I guess there is some confict with the used, the trick to load JFU in an New Window isn't really helpful.

BTW: My Joomla runs local for development. So for debug it would be helpful to get your advice.

Add :
Got it working now. User Menu, JCAL Pro Event List and JCAL PRO Calendar are loaded right with "rounded" Drop menu. The lnk to the JFU is in the User Menu and when i disabled JCAL Pro Components with loading JFU than it works fine. no clou where the conflict is could be also an Tempate issue.

cheers
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 11:17 
Site Admin

Hi,

I only include a small javascript which loads the flash and the flash. I don't know what JCAL Pro does...

If it works in firefox - Are there any Javascript errors?
Is the rounded Drop menu a flash component?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 12:44 

Hi,

The jrounded Drop menu is the Chrome menu which comes with the Core installation incl. the Ja Purity Template. It is not a flash, but js based. Tested tireless last night with different options and it seams JCal Pro. IE and FF shows JS errors. FF shows in the E-Console only css warnings.

cheers
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 14:38 
Site Admin

Where do I set this jrounded Drop menu? I can only set Suckerfish, JAMoo as submenu types.

But if JCal Pro throws Error messages then this could be the reason that the Flash is not loaded anymore (or they overwrite something JFU uses/needs).

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 15:15 

Hi,
reg, "jrounded, take a look into the index.php of the template. The menu style is activeted with <jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="jrounded" /> and is an core feature to collapse and expand.
But i think this is not the trouble maker, I just try to read out the js scripts from JCAL PRO to see if there is any conflict.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Dec 2008, 15:30 
Site Admin

I don't think that the menu is the problem.

But how is the jarounded activated? I haven't really worked with 1.5 templates much ;).

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2009, 00:29 

Hi,

after having a lot of php files reading I found the route of the problem regarding JCAL Pro and JFU.
In JCAL Pro exists an function to save the last clicked Menu item to enhance the functionality with calling from Mini Callendar, Latest Events or the Full Calendar an option, ie. Add Event or show details of Date. What shall happen is that the clicked option in an JCAL Pro Module/Component shall calls also an menu item. Nice function, usally. In the Joomla Backend exist for Mini Cal and Latest Events an Option to fix the Menu wich should be called every time when a Option/Task in this JCAL Pro Component/Module is called. BUT, this does not work because in the Confi.inc.php of the JCAL Pro core component the function is again called and overwrites the saved query.

This issue happens with all Jcal Pro Version incl. latest 1.5.18 build 444
Solution is to remove or remarke one line in config.inc.php No:
//$Itemid_Querystring = $CONFIG_EXT['Itemid'] ? '&amp;Itemid='.$CONFIG_EXT['Itemid'] : '';
Also in latest.inc.php there needs an change of two lines no: 830 & 834
to
Line 830:$ext_full_calendar_URL = JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_jcalpro' );
Line 834:ext_add_event_URL = JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_jcalpro&amp;extmode=event&amp;event_mode=add' );

Now it works perfectly and I hope to do not have any other conflicts.

cheers
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2009, 10:25 
Site Admin

nice debugging. And have you found out why this interferes with JFU?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2009, 19:48 

Hi, ok will try to explain it:
if you click an Menu Item with an ID 2 i.e. File Uploader which is JFU, than JCAL Pro Latest Events, MiniCal and JCAL Pro core try to load the Menu Item in his own Link see below
http://localhost/hicms/index.php?option ... 2009-01-27
The Link calls an Day Detail from Mini Call.
When JCAL Pro calls his own function including the JFU Item the page load/traffic will have an high utilization and IE with JFU will crash.
What the Dev team was trying to implement is an nice feature to have two Menu items called at the same time. but with JFU it causes the mentioned error. In Firefox the handling of saved sessions information is a bit different and I saw at least the same problem when I fix an Menu Item in the Backend Config of JCAL Pro.

Result, it is not an JFU problem, it is an generell problem but JFU causes a real bad error due to the Flash Call into the Top of the Page.

No worries Micha it is not JFU. I will report this to dev.anything.

At least if users have the same issue, but do not use JCAL Pro, they have to check in the bottom link status bar how the string looks befor click. It could be possible that this function of JCAL Pro is included in other templates or Components a.s.o.

Bis bald
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Jan 2009, 20:28 
Site Admin

danke ;).

PostPosted: 24. Feb 2009, 00:44 

Today I had a client call to tell me that they could not get to our "upload files" page. That they just got an error and after acknowledging that error were then presented with IE's default page could not be loaded "page".

After some digging, this client is using IE7 (possibly IE8) on Vista. I have one Vista machine in the shop, so I was able to duplicate this error (why do people use IE!!!!!).

Screenshots:

This one is from IE7/XP

The Vista error is similar.

Here is the page/message you get after acknowledging the error message:

In the lower right corner of the browsers, I noticed in vista something that I don't see in XP:

XP:

Vista:

What is this "Protected Mode: On"? In Vista, if I open up the "Security Properties" on toggle this off (This setting does not exist in IE7/XP), I am prompted to restart IE and then navigating to my Joomla Flash Uploader component works! I re-enabled this option and it still works!

IE7/XP does not have this option and I get the error every time(I suspect that it is related to Vista's more robust security....) Anyway, both zones are set to "Internet" which are at level "Medium-high".

What is it that might be triggering the security settings. These are IE's default settings and my users aren't smart enough to go in and modify these things on their own. Or add our site to their "Trusted Users" zone, etc. What other options do I have? Is something in the javascript causing this, can it be fixed?

I can't speak for my client, but just before I get the error message in IE7, it does start to render the Flash, and I can see the GUI part of it, but just before it finishes, I get the error.

Like everyone else, I don't experience this in Firefox or Safari (I am a Mac user), but I have a PC running on my Mac in a Sun Microsystems VirtualBox VM running XP/IE7 (then I have the one Vista machine too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Feb 2009, 08:25 
Site Admin

have you read the tread above?

Because JFU is on all this problems not the one that is causing it. It's only the one where it is shown because of the inclusion of a flash.

I don't have a vista here right now. I have to get one in a vmware today and then I'll check.

Can you please go to
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/tfu/web_demo1.php
and check if it happens there too? Because there I include the flash the same way.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Feb 2009, 21:16 

Hey Michael,

When I visit your link in my IE7 browser using XP and Vista, it comes up just fine for me.

However, the JFU extension on our website does not. If you would like, I can PM over a login for you to check it out if that might help you.

Here is another screenshot to illustrate where it begins to draw the flash before the error pops up: