Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 00:03

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12. Mar 2010, 17:49 

Hi,

I have looked through the posts but I don't see anyone else with the same problem.
I am trying to make it possible for the admin to be able to see all users folders from the front end.
I have installed JFU on 2 sites and somehow on the first one admin can see all users folders from the front end.
I can't see any difference in settings on either site but I must be doing something wrong.
On the second site I installed JFU and left the paths as they are by default. I then went into front end and login as admin and could see all folders in public_html folder.
I could not get it to show user folders from front end and after a while I uninstalled and then did a fresh install.
This time as admin in front end it showed everything from the images folder which of course is better.
In the backend I go to front end profile and set upload folder to images/stories/jfu and I can see that folder logged in as admin on the front end.
As soon as a user uploads a file the admin path in front end changes to images/stories/jfu administrator.
This of course means that admin can now only see into the administrator folder and is unable to view users folders.
I tried to work round this by setting users upload path to images/stories/jfu /administrator but then the admin path at front end changes to images/stories/jfu/administrator/administrator.
I know I must be doing something stupid but can someone help me please?

Regards
Mutley

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Mar 2010, 18:07 
Site Admin

Make sure to understand master profiles and don't mix them up.

Normally you only need 2 profiles together in one group.

Of profile you set to the main folder and assign the admins to. This is not a master profile.
And the other profile is for the other users which get an automatically created directory. This is then a master profile.

Make sure to set none as session save path because otherwise the session parameters can be cached that can lead to unexpected behaviors.

If you are not sure about how to use groups read the help and watch the tutorial.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Mar 2010, 18:18 

Thanks for the quick reply Michael.
I will take another look and try again.

Regards

Phil