Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 17:44

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23. Aug 2008, 14:50 

1.) I was reading up on how to increase the file upload size, and a php.ini file was mentioned, but I cannot locate it in administrator/components/.... or in components/....

2.) I did locate a tfu_config.php though, but I dare not make any changes there as I do not fully understand it.

3.) When I got to Help/Register I see that the server's limits are 2048, which makes no sense to me as I have previously used another file uploader for php_nuke and uploaded files of up to 70mb. I have made no changes to the server since then, only changed from php_nuke to joomla.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ps: JFU is superawesome though, going to vote right after this post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Aug 2008, 15:53 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. php.ini is a config file of your webserver! Ask your hoster if you have no idea what this is!

2. Why - you use JFU. The configuration is completely done with the backend in Joomla. Almost all parameters can be easily set in a profile!

3. Maybe the upload was done throuh ftp. Through php this is impossible because this setting is a server limit! not one of the application.
Some hosters allow to have custom php.ini files in your root folder.
Ask your hoster how to increase this limit.

http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/tfu/web_faq.php howto 4 explains everything nicely. If you know how to use a php.ini this howto should help you a lot ;).

/Michael

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: 23. Aug 2008, 18:17 

Alright, so now I know where the php.ini is and after changing some stuff in there I can now upload at least 32Mb, thats the size of the file I tested with.

Thanks a whole bunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Aug 2008, 18:27 
Site Admin

great - you are welcome ;).

/Michael