Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 12:28

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28. Dec 2011, 05:07 

Hi

I am running JFU 2.15 Enterprise license on Joomla 1.7.3 website and I'm am unable to use the button to create folders using JFU. The button is there but it's "grayed out" or disabled.

What seems to be the issue here?

PostPosted: 28. Dec 2011, 10:52 
Site Admin

That you might have safe mode on this server and creating a directory would create a directory that you cannot save any files to. But you can "override" this check in the config.

It is the setting right below the one where you can enable/disable the creation of folders.

If you have the safe mode restriction you can still switch to the ftp mode for creating directories.

btw. why do you write everything in upper case in the subject? You know what that means?

- Michael

PostPosted: 28. Dec 2011, 18:24 

RE: btw. why do you write everything in upper case in the subject? You know what that means?

It is just to make it easier to find in the board index and yes, unfortunately that is the unintentional side effect of using all caps.

For some reason, the filtering isn't working the way I thought it should ..maybe the forum filters is filtering on some other data that is not obvious to me. But then again, I'm not used to this kind of a forum board ....and the search engine does not always bring up correct results (looks in other forums when I don't want to)

My apologies.

PostPosted: 28. Dec 2011, 18:27 

Regarding Safe Mode ...

The websites I work with are all on a shared web hosting outfit (JustHost) and I think they don't have safe mode enabled. Will need to double-check that. They do have some PHP features disabled, however.

PostPosted: 28. Dec 2011, 20:27 
Site Admin

then you still can try the 2 suggestions I made.

- Michael

PostPosted: 29. Dec 2011, 00:37 

For some reason, this started working properly.

All I did was to flip the session from database to none ....and then attempted to create directory. It worked.

then, I flipped the session back to database and the function still works.

Go figure.