Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 07:03

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 06:16 

Hello,

Please help me as I have a big problem now. I followed your directions and set the session handler to none as your tutorial instructed. I finished the install and it seems to work great. I showed it to the client and then was preparing to purchase the pro version to lift the upload file size limit. BIG PROBLEM, can no longer login to backend admin account. I can still get to the cpanel on the server but I do not know my way around PHP My Admin. What do I have to do to turn the session handler back to database. I presume that will allow me to login as super admin again.

Please, please advise :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 18:34 
Site Admin

you can simply do this by edit configuration.php in the main folder of Joomla. If you have this problem make sure that the session_save_path of you system is set correctly!

Try to use JFU with session set to DB. The issue I write do not happen on all servers!

- Michael

Post subject: What should it say....
PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 19:34 

Thanks for your response, I opened configuration.php and presume this is what I need to change: var $session_handler = 'none';

What should I replace "none" with? DB, db, database, or what?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 20:15 

I do not see session_save_path in configuration.php, only session_handler which I have changed to db as well as the actual db name, but nothing works. Can you please tell me where to what file I have to edit to find session_save_path? I am either going to lose this client or have to spend the next few days re-building from scratch. PLEASE THERE MUST BE A WAY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 21:33 

OK, I have located session.save_path in the php.ini for the affected site. It says: session.save_path = /tmp

What did it say before JFU install? it is a Joomla 1.5.17 site and has been running for at least 6 months. What is the most likely save path for the line in the php.ini.

PLEASE HELP, I am not a programmer but I can make changes if you tell me exactly what it needs to say.

Thanks for your time

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2010, 23:56 
Site Admin

you can point the session_save_path to any directory you like. Does /tmp exist and it is writeable?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. May 2010, 00:17 

I will check right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. May 2010, 00:21 

yes tmp exists in the root of the Joomla install. What do I have to do, it still does not let me login as admin to the backend or the frontend. I have this site on a VPS at hostgator and have never had any problems with anything related to permissions, I have at least 100 sites on this server, all Joomla. Please, help me get this back to the way it was before I changed the session handler to none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. May 2010, 00:53 

Fixed now, thanks. I actually had to write to the configuration.php file the following: var $session_handler = 'database'; which was in the first reply to your initial post on this thread. I am not a programmer, and asked what do I replace "none" with in the session_handler line of the configuration.php. I was trying the actual database name, the letters 'db', and 'localhost'.

Thanks anyway, I just wish there was a warning in teh instructions about the session handler being set to none and that it may lock you out of the backend and frontend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. May 2010, 08:30 
Site Admin

Hi,

actually Joomla should do this because this a a Joomla setting I only recommend to set.
On my server I unfortunately don't have this problem. If you have a test install where you can let me play around I can maybe find a solution to the session caching issue.

- Michael