Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 09:10

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23. Jul 2008, 20:05 

Hi,
I have Joomla Flash Uploader installed and have one concern - if the user uploads files, that they may overwrite existing ones in the specified folder. The concept is that the page containing the Flash Uploader will only be available to registered users. These users will have purchased one of my services and then be required to upload images through the Flash Uploader. I have looked through the forum for something like this and maybe I am just misunderstanding group id's, but I believe that I have to add users to that group id that currently exist in my system. I currently have it set to a default profile for users on the frontend.

I would like it so that I don't have to set up a new user each time they register and keep it this way. But, as you'll see in the link below, I have folder view disabled and would prefer if a user uploaded files that a new folder within the specified directory be created using their user name.... Otherwise, I am concerned that they will have to rename their files and I would prefer not to give them access and viewing rights to the folders.

Evidently, I cannot post a link to my site, so if you'd like to see how I currently have mine setup, visit keesimps dot com and go to the menu on the top right, titled Test. The flash uploader is near the bottom of this page....

Can anyone assist me in this? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Jul 2008, 22:02 
Site Admin

The next version of JFU will have a masterprofile. Then for each user a folder will automatically created and each user only uploads to his directory.

right now you would have to create a profile for each user - assign the user to his profile and put all profil in one group. And then use the groupid to include the flash.

But I have to finish TFU 2.8 first before I can start with this...

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Jul 2008, 00:11 

Well, it's good to know that it's in the works.... Will that be a few more months or more?

For the time being, I guess the best bet (time and ease) will be to add folder viewing for them and have them create a folder or make sure that every file name includes their name and is unique....

Thanks for the quick response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Jul 2008, 09:24 
Site Admin

I cannot say yet - TFU 2.8 has already most of the stuff I wantted to add there. But right now I have little time.

/Michael