Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 10:23

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Upload locations...
PostPosted: 26. Apr 2010, 00:27 

Not sure if this was suggested yet...

Would it be possible to come up with a way to have the upload folder go to a "Shortcut" so that it can upload to a folder located on a seprate drive without using symbolic links? It would be great to have users upload to a location that doesn't have to be located in the root directory (or seem like it via symbolic link).

Example....if you have the webserver on the C: and want files to upload to the D: either have it to where you can tell it to upload to that folder on the D: or even just create a shortcut in the root on C: to the folder on D:

I guess this is talking windows here.

Currently I utilize a symbolic link to have files uploaded to where I have files being stored....

It would also be cool for people who are using a networked drive, or something connected via iSCSI....

Just an idea...that would be pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Apr 2010, 09:20 
Site Admin

Currently TWG only uses relative links everywhere. For the upload this is not problem but this would have to be changed at too much locations.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. May 2010, 03:49 

I know it only uses relative links everywhere. I'm saying it would be cool if it didn't have to. Currently I am able to upload files to another drive via iSCSI by using a symbolic link. To JFU it looks as though the folder is in the pages root directory but really it is a folder/drive located on a completely different machine. This works fine but it would be nice if I could tell the uploader to upload to the other drive location without making it "think" the folder is in the root of the page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. May 2010, 07:58 
Site Admin

As I said - the upload itself is no problem. Are you talking about JFU now?
What you can do is to use a plugin which moves the file after the upload. There you have everything in your hand.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. May 2010, 06:26 

Eh I'm good as far as I go...I mean we have it working where there is a "folder" at least it appears that way to JFU so that it goes there but it's really a symbolic link to a folder somewhere else on a drive connected via iSCSI. I just was saying it would be cool if there was an easy way to give a function to save to other locations without doing things like we have...what we have done works and is fine...but thought it was a neat suggestion (if even possible)