Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 23:55

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: TWG lite
PostPosted: 29. Nov 2006, 00:28 

Perhaps you should consider making a lite version of script, without fancy JavaScript and DHTML effects for better performance on slower servers.

There wouldn't be an admin panel, and all options would be configured manually. Upload should be done via FTP, or via simple non flash form.

The script would be newbie friendly, and I think that it shouldn't be to much of a problem to make the "lite version".

Don't get me wrong, I like TWG as it is now, but some users value simplicity over options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. Nov 2006, 02:44 
Site Admin

Hi,

For slower servers you can simply turn off the DHTML and use HTML.

And you can turn off every option you see.

even when you turn off javascript TWG will still work as lighweight gallery because everything is turned off automatically!

TWG does even detect slow servers and turns off the fancy stuff (it's the low settings in the config.php).

But you are right about configuration - but this is why I added my_config.php! you don't have to use the admin at all - simly configure twg with the options in my_config.php - and if you like it more special - use the options available in config.php.

What maybe would be helpful would be some out-of-the-box configs (they are actually in the examples folder) - But maybe it would be better to make them available as extra download because otherwise the people won't find them!

/Michael