Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 04:11

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Front-end album edit
PostPosted: 20. May 2008, 18:39 

I would be great if there was a simple way to edit things such as Album Name, Description, Password, etc. from the front end.

The reason I ask for this is because I manage my TWG installation for my parents. They aren't very computer savvy and I don't think they would grasp the concept of creating files (like foldername.txt) in order to name the album. If this was all done in the front end they wouldn't have to worry about editing files or anything else, just click a few buttons, type what you want, and presto!

If you want, I could mock up some demos of what I had in mind..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2008, 20:53 

I was just reading through some of the Howto's, and saw the blurb about "menu.htm". Would this allow me to implement this myself if you don't make this an integrated feature? Also can only links be placed into menu.htm or will I be able to hack in a popup box similar to the login/comment boxes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2008, 23:12 
Site Admin

you should not mix different things in one thread.

In the frontend the TWG Flash uploader can edit all the files. An easier way is planned for 1.8 where the current language can be edited in the frontend and the needed text files are created by TWG.

menu.htm it intended to display a link. You can of course add something like the login but then you have to implement the iframe too.

/Michael