Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 12:30

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19. Sep 2009, 15:58 

This issue was brought up in another thread (http://www.tinywebgallery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1962&highlight=same+directory), but did not seem to come to a conclusion.

If a user is logged into TWG, navigates to a subdirectory and clicks the upload link TFU comes up in that directory. If, after TFU closes, the user navigates to a different subdirectory in TWG and clicks upload TFU comes up in the first subdirectory and you have to navigate again within TFU to the new subdirectory.

TFU seems to stay with the last directory used even if you log out and back in or close the browser window and start over. I don't think this holds through quitting the browser though.

Is this the way TFU should behave? Is there a way to make it start in the current TWG directory all of the time?

Thanks,

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Sep 2009, 16:24 
Site Admin

no - normally tfu should open in the current directory. Normally you should not have to navigate inside of TFU.

I just tested and cannot reproduce this problem.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Sep 2009, 16:34 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
I just tested and cannot reproduce this problem.

Well that just sucks :?

Any ideas where to look? I have a login set up for you if you want to take a look. I can send it by PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. Sep 2009, 16:37 
Site Admin

I can take a look.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Sep 2009, 13:14 

I re-installed the site yesterday and now when I change directories and click the upload link, the flash directory does match the directory on the web page (at least so far :wink:).

One thing that I've noticed though, when I start the Flash in a directory below the users root directory I don't get the ".." so I can't move above the original entry point even if I have permission to do so. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Sep 2009, 13:27 
Site Admin

Yes - This is implemented this way that you can never go above your start directory. TFU does not know if he can allow higher levels because it does not get the full login details from the user - only his starting directory.

So you have to navigate inside TWG to the higher directory and press upload again.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Sep 2009, 14:59 

Makes sense.

Thanks,

T.