Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 09:11

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 05:51 

Hi,

I would like to run the File Split Applet from a sub-directory below my web root directory.

To clarify, I want to call the applet (whose full set of files are located at ./fsa/), from the file "fsa_signed.htm". But, instead of that file being located in the ./fas directory, it is instead located in the web root (pointing to and using the supporting files in ./fsa/).

I found that the applet runs fine on my server if I call it from the ./fsa/ directory. But I really would like to call it at the root level, without having to include all of this supporting files at that root level.

For the Tiny File Upload utility (TFU), there were instructions on how to accomplish such a structure where files called were in sub-directories. But I could not figure out how to do the same with the SFA.

Is this possible? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 07:08 
Site Admin

have you changed the paths?

For the applet the javascript include is in the swfobject.js at the very bottom where you have adopt the path then as well.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 21:05 

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the prompt response to my query.

I tried a number of modifications to the code at the base of the swfobject.js file, but nothing seemed to work. I am not sure if I am changing the correct value. The last change I did was as follows:

Code:
function includeTfuApplet(autoparam) {
  document.write("<applet codebase=\".\var\tfu\fsa\" code=\"de.tfu.FileSplitApplet\"  name=\"de.tfu.FileSplitApplet\"  width=400 height=300 archive=\"fsa_signed.jar\" align=top><param name=\"automaticSize\" value=\"" + autoparam + "\"></applet>");
}

I am trying to deploy this in a Xaraya CMS Framework instance where any additional applications incorporated into the framework are typically included under the "\var\" directory. So under that directory, I have the directory structure "tfu\fsa\".

Everything that I need to get FSA working is in the \fsa\ directory, including the swfobject.js file. If I call it from the "fsa_signed.htm" file in the /var/tfu/fsa directory, everything works just fine. But I can't call it from my file at the web root level.

The error I get from the applet is:

Code:
Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13
Using JRE version 1.6.0_13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\wayne.walker
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file de/tfu/FileSplitApplet
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file de/tfu/FileSplitApplet

Any additional help you are able to provide in identifying what I have wrong would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 21:15 
Site Admin

setting the codebase properly should be enough. I do this in TWG as well.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 22:51 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the prompt response. So the setting I have detailed in my previous post should be correct, huh? I guess I must have something else wrong.

I'll step back through the other settings and see if I can spot what is causing this issue. At the moment, I'll a bit stumped. If I figure it out, I'll provide feedback.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Aug 2009, 23:43 
Site Admin

only provide

var/tfu/fsa

as codebase you have to use slashes and no . or slash at the end.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Aug 2009, 20:53 

Hi Michael,

Sorry about the delayed feedback. I was traveling yesterday, so I didn't have access to the web.

The explanation to "use slashes and no . or slash at the end" did the trick. All works fine now. I appreciate you taking time out to clarify things for me.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 03:07 

Hi Michael,

I just noticed something that isn't working and I don't seem to be able to get it to work either.

The "Auto" size for the default file split size seems to work fine when I modify it via the "fsa_signed.htm" file in the /var/tfu/fsa folder and then call the applet through that page.

However, it doesn't seem to be picking up the "automaticSize" value from the calling page at the web root level. I am not sure what I need to do to get that to work in this type of configuration

Is there something I need to modify to get this working as well?

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 08:14 
Site Admin

how do you set the parameter?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 08:36 

Hi Michael,

The Hosting Company I use has been kind enough to extend my maximum file size to 500MB's, as my wife for whom I purchased TFU does Graphic Design work and has large image files that she uploads for printers she works with.

In her static web site, everything works just fine (via the html pages). But it is while integrating her site into the Xaraya framework (where everything resides under the var/ sub-directory) that I experience these issues.

So the code below is what I have in the "fsa_signed.htm" file in the /var/tfu/fsa folder:

Code:
<applet codebase="."
        code="de.tfu.FileSplitApplet"
        name="de.tfu.FileSplitApplet"
        width=450
        height=300
        archive="fsa_signed.jar"
        align=top>
  <param name="automaticSize" value="490000000">
</applet>

As I say, when I use the same code in my web root page, it fails (I even tried archive="var/ftu/fsa/fsa_signed.jar" for the jar file reference from there.

Hope this helps clarify the situation.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 08:54 
Site Admin

not really - I though you have managed to get it running but only the parameter is the problem?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 16:46 

Hi Michael,

Yes. That "<param name="automaticSize" value="490000000">" is the only thing that is not working. Everything else works great!

If I can't select that larger file size, then I have no way of splitting any files that are over 500MBs in size.

I even tried downloading the IntellijIdea 8.1 trial IDE to change all the defaults, but I couldn't seem to get it to compile the 6.0 code. Not sure what I was doing wrong there.

Again, any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 17:57 
Site Admin

have you tried with smaller values than 490 MB? like 5 MB.

and the number is specified in k! therefore you should use 490000.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Aug 2009, 18:36 

Hi Michael,

Ops. I forgot that it was in K's. So I adjusted the values both in my "fsa_signed.htm" file at the var/tfu/fsa level and at the web root level. The var/tfu/fsa level file works perfectly (even displaying 490MB in the dropdown), but the web root level file still doesn't work.

I do have another work-around where I can call the var/tfu/fsa level file using a separate Xaraya module called the "Window" Module. But my preference was to get this one working so it would be the same as the TFU setup. That way, I know everything works the same when it comes to maintenance / upgrades.

Cheers,

Wayne